Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Kleinsasser may be released?

I agree that he hasn't done much, a trade would be better than an outright release. The team could get a pick in this year's draft for him,what round, I don't know.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"vikesoto" wrote:
    I agree that he hasn't done much, a trade would be better than an outright release. The team could get a pick in this year's draft for him,what round, I don't know.
    i personally think he should stay and see how much he can contribute as a full time TE opposite of wiggins, but i do agree with you that a trade would obviously be better than releasing him..he would be huge to have this year because him and goodspeed blocking on runs together would be huge
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

With Dugan, Wiggins, and Angulo under contract it comes as no surprise to hear another rumor about an oft injured overpaid player the team is considering to cut ties with. Again, this being the off season, media types just have to write something, anything, to increase the interest or readability of their rags.

That being said, looking at the free agency market about the only other TEs who might come available much cheaper than Sauce would be someone like Dan Campbell, Aaron Shea, or Cam Cleeland. Another likely player could be someone Childress is familiar with in Chad Lewis. Now I'm not advocating any of these guys can replace the Sauce man, especially when it comes to run blocking, but from a financial perspective, all of them would come much cheaper than the $3 mil a year that Sauce gets paid. I would like to see Jimmy remain a Viking and if management is actually reviewing his contract, I hope he sees the bigger picture and reworks his contract so he stays with the team.

Lastly, I know, I hate being so long winded. Something I'm surprised nobody else posted yet is, could this be a possible sign of the current draft position the Vikings hold and could they be using common sense in evaluating the talent of players available to them with the 17th pick? There are at least 3 well known rookie TEs in this draft that could all warrant first round selection. If the Vikings end up taking the "BPA" approach to the draft someone like Vernon Davis, Leonard Pope, or Marcedes Lewis are just the new deal prototype TEs seen in the league ala Gonzales, Gates, and Shockey, that they could be eyeing to improve upon the Childress bred WCO! Thoughts?

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    With Dugan, Wiggins, and Angulo under contract it comes as no surprise to hear another rumor about an oft injured overpaid player the team is considering to cut ties with. Again, this being the off season, media types just have to write something, anything, to increase the interest or readability of their rags.

Lastly, I know, I hate being so long winded. Something I'm surprised nobody else posted yet is, could this be a possible sign of the current draft position the Vikings hold and could they be using common sense in evaluating the talent of players available to them with the 17th pick? There are at least 3 well known rookie TEs in this draft that could all warrant first round selection. If the Vikings end up taking the "BPA" approach to the draft someone like Vernon Davis, Leonard Pope, or Marcedes Lewis are just the new deal prototype TEs seen in the league ala Gonzales, Gates, and Shockey, that they could be eyeing to improve upon the Childress bred WCO! Thoughts?
    I thought about it, but it doesn't(didn't) make sense. I just can't see the new management pulling that off, gambling on a TE. I see your point though. I would love a TE like Davis, just so long as he doesn't turn into the next Winslow.

Tice is/was an idiot. Look at all those worthless (Angulo and Dugan) TEs. On top of that, we have Wiggins and Kleiny with multi million dollar/year contracts. Maybe with the salary cap position we are in, we ride out their contracts this year.

There are definitely positives about Wiggins and Kleiny. LuckyVike said it best.

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    We as Vikings fans have out TE's held in too high of regard. I want a TE with the abilities of Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, or Todd Heap...
    It does sound kind of silly to just release Kleiny. Are we in a position to trade him? Would another team want to take his contract and compensate us?

Del Rio Guest

Sasser should never have been moved to TE. He should have been a true FB.

After the FB signing last week I expect Kliensasser will be gone. We will not be running 2TE sets in the WCO.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Sasser should never have been moved to TE. He should have been a true FB.

After the FB signing last week I expect Kliensasser will be gone. We will not be running 2TE sets in the WCO.

Hopefully they can find a middle ground in the contract $$$$$ and keep him. It would be nice to see Kleiny as the fulltime FB. But when Godspeed sign at which I have to presume was the league minimum or there abouts, it is hard to justify spending more than that. The one good thing about Kleiny is he plays more than one position. Oh well!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikes" wrote:
    He was a solid player...but got old. Plus Wiggins rocks right now.
    I love it when age is brought up! How can you say Jimmy is old and not say it about Wiggy? It has zero to do with age here.

Check before making such a silly statement:

Klein: Born: Jan 31, 1977
    Wiggins: Born: Jan 18, 1975

This will help too: Check Player's Age 101

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:

That being said, looking at the free agency market about the only other TEs who might come available much cheaper than Sauce would be someone like Dan Campbell, Aaron Shea, or Cam Cleeland. Another likely player could be someone Childress is familiar with in Chad Lewis. Now I'm not advocating any of these guys can replace the Sauce man, especially when it comes to run blocking, but from a financial perspective, all of them would come much cheaper than the $3 mil a year that Sauce gets paid. I would like to see Jimmy remain a Viking and if management is actually reviewing his contract, I hope he sees the bigger picture and reworks his contract so he stays with the team.

wurd

i was thinking that the whole time i was reading this thread, clean out wiggins and kliensasser and bring in a vernon davis from the first round or a (i can't remember his first name) Byrd from USC.

not saying i would be happy with this, but it's just what i thought of when iread this. plenty of teams will want kliensasser or wiggins.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234