Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kleinsasser may be released?

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Yah he is a quick guy I thought too..

I was just trying to guess more of the reason why we wouldn't pay him alot even though we have it..

He is faster then Wiggins im certain of that I guess..

Has to be only the money then
    Just doens't make sense paying so much. Just cause we have extra money, doesn't mean we have to spend it unwisely. If anyone thinks that Wiggins and Kleiny are safe, they are sorely mistaken, look at DC.

We now know that the Top Dogs have a plan and they are going to make all the necessary changes to get what they want done.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It really isn't that much though is it? I mean it's not 5 million a year?

He is worth anywhere between 1-3.5 mill a year if we used him like we should have.. That's just my opinion..

It would be dumb to spend money jsut becuase we have it yes.. But would it give us that much more if we got rid of him?

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I'd hope we keep the Sauce.. Sure, he has been categorized as a blocking TE in Mike Tice's offense, but I've always thought he's got the tools to be a good catching TE too. There's nothing wrong in keeping both him and Wiggins, but as already mentioned, maybe the reason for signing Goodspeed is the eventual release of Jimmy K. I'd like to see some packages next year with Wiggins AND Kleinsasser in 2-TE sets. I think that could really disguise what the offense would have planned.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

i like him but i think it would be kinda cool to have goodspeed show his stuff.

i think goodspeed will spurpise us.

Go vikes!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

I not so sure on that yet.

There is a reason he wasn't on anyones team last year.

I'd be suprised if MN let Jimmy go before they even decide if Goodspeed has what it takes.

It's just to big of risk.

And yes, Jimmy has good hands. Not as good as Wiggins but he's caught a lot of balls for us.

I believe Goodspeed was brought in for the run game, not the passing.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:

I not so sure on that yet.

There is a reason he wasn't on anyones team last year.

I'd be suprised if MN let Jimmy go before they even decide if Goodspeed has what it takes.

It's just to big of risk.

And yes, Jimmy has good hands. Not as good as Wiggins but he's caught a lot of balls for us.

I believe Goodspeed was brought in for the run game, not the passing.
    i understand your points, i just think that we have a big enough threat for the passing game TE with Wiggy.

im just saying it would be cool to give goodspeed a shot eh?

Go vikes!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Goodspeed is a FB..

Jimmy is a TE/FB.. Too slow for WCO TE? And too expensive to keep around for a FB?

I doubt he wil leave.. We will keep him around im sure.. I hope so too he is a solid all around player.. Catches about as good as Wiggins.. Blocks better..

Good point, but I believe that the Vikes will keep Wiggins in as the starting TE, and now have Goodspeed as the starting FB. Goodspeed is pretty much taking over the role of Kleinsasser, which means the Vikes may use him as trade bait this season. If they need a backup TE, you may as well bring in Richard Angualo (spelling). He is young, quick, and has great hands.

On another note. I just noticed your new sig.. Looks good man.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

With all the talk about K the big story was missed in discussion...
    [size=18px]FREE AGENCY WILL NOT BE DELAYED![/size]
    Remember all the talk about that??? Here's the story again from the top of the post!

On Your Mark, Get Set...
    By Viking Update Staff

Date: Feb 20, 2006

Despite rumors that the March 3 opening of free agency could be delayed, the NFL has quashed those stories by saying the free agent sweepstakes will get underway in 10 days.

There are a lot of nervous types around the NFL that see the next few months as critical to the future of the league. With no new collective bargaining agreement in place, unless the owners and players can work out a new CBA or at least get some form of an extension done, there will be no salary cap in 2007 -- meaning that if a team wants to "pull a Steinbrenner" and spend millions more than the competition, they may be able to do it.

It was that concern that had league sources rumbling that there might be a delay to the start of free agency -- set to begin a week from Friday.

In an effort to settle down those rumors, the league announced over the weekend that free agency will begin as planned March 3 whether a new CBA is in place or not.

For teams like the Vikings that have a lot of money to spend, this is seen as good news -- since there will be nothing to stop them from spending as much as they want to improve their talent base. For other teams in worse cap situations, they will need to start paring salary to get to the salary cap and placing franchise tags on those players they're fearful will leave without proper compensation.

While there is still very good reasoning to believe that the NFL is facing a crisis situation if a new CBA can't be worked out in the next round of owners meetings and behind-the-scenes discussions with the players association, for now anyway it means continuing business as usual -- which will include the shotgun start to free agency at midnight Eastern time a week from Friday.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

That would not be a good thing to do!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

we'd be dumb not to trade him
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast