yards receiving

0 TD's

rushing attempts

(16 games)
    receptions

47 yards receiving

0 TD's
    rushing attempts

(3 of those receptions he fell down without being touched by an opposing player)

receiving TD's in 8 years and 4 of those came in 1 season
    rushing TD
    in 8 years

I am sorry but that is not worth paying somebody 3 million a year.
    Which was about the time the genious known as Tice moved him to a TE.

His 4 TD's in one year? Did they come when he was a Fb or a Te?

It doesn't matter because Chilly is not putting him at FB, he is using him at TE so what matters is what he has done at TE and it isn't much.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Re: Kleinsasser likely to stay with Vikings

There are few publicized stats on 'key blocks made', so Kleinsausage seems to be a non-productive TE due to his low catch count.

Parcells wanted him when he was a free agent 4 years ago, and was willing to pay more than the contract he signed with the Vikings to remain in Minnesota.
    I'd guess Parcells realized his value as a great blocker, despite being a mediocre receiver.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Here are some stats for Kleiny

2004 only played in 1 game

(16 games)
    22 receptions

yards receiving

0 TD's

rushing attempts

(16 games)
    receptions

47 yards receiving

0 TD's
    rushing attempts

(3 of those receptions he fell down without being touched by an opposing player)

rushing TD
    in 8 years

It doesn't matter because Chilly is not putting him at FB, he is using him at TE so what matters is what he has done at TE and it isn't much.
    Well it does matter when you basically shit bag a guy for no reason. The Vikings agreed to the deal pay the man he was worth it when he signed it. So what the coach was a moron and moved him.

He doesn't meet your lofty expectations, but apparently going on what 9 years in the NFL and the Vikings we do not see him as useless. So I'll go ahead and stick with them considering all things which you don't which are as usual special teams, practice, and other duties as assigned.

If he is on the team he has a role and he may very well be a weapon. Just because he is not your A. Gates TE or your fantasy football TE that you expect not many TE's have been on our team in the last few years.

Wooptee doo Wiggins led our team in receptions for a year. TE's play little roles in our offense over the last ten years. It doesn't mean he isn't good. It means you aren't paying attention.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"whackthepack" wrote:

(16 games)
    22 receptions

yards receiving
    0 TD's
    rushing attempts

(16 games)
    receptions

47 yards receiving

0 TD's
    rushing attempts

rushing TD
    in 8 years

Does it matter how much he makes, really? The Vikings are not strapped for cash to stay under the cap.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

I have to admit I always liked Jim Kliensasser. He was an awesome Tightend in college and I was pretty psyched about him coming to the Vikings. I think that it is time now for us to go in a different direction. I really don't see the need for him because we run single back sets and the idea of a full back is pretty much non-existent. I think that if we trade him for a fourth to fifth round pick to a team in need of a decent blocking FB/TE it would be better for the Vikings in the long run. I mean cutting 2.9 million dollars off the cap would be good. I will state this from than on out that the Vikings will not see any positive movement until Brad Childress is run out of town.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

(16 games)
    22 receptions

yards receiving

0 TD's

rushing attempts

(16 games)
    receptions

47 yards receiving

0 TD's
    rushing attempts

rushing TD
    in 8 years

Well it does matter when you basically pooh bag a guy for no reason. The Vikings agreed to the deal pay the man he was worth it when he signed it. So what the coach was a silly guy and moved him.

He doesn't meet your lofty expectations, but apparently going on what 9 years in the NFL and the Vikings we do not see him as useless. So I'll go ahead and stick with them considering all things which you don't which are as usual special teams, practice, and other duties as assigned.

If he is on the team he has a role and he may very well be a weapon. Just because he is not your A. Gates TE or your fantasy football TE that you expect not many TE's have been on our team in the last few years.

Wooptee doo Wiggins led our team in receptions for a year. TE's play little roles in our offense over the last ten years. It doesn't mean he isn't good. It means you aren't paying attention.

First off, I do pay attention and I don't think he is a good player at all and I was hoping the Vikes would drop his lousy butt after last year and he definitely isn't worth 3 million a year I wouldn't give him more than the league minimum and why people have a love affair with this guy is beyond me and Wiggy was 10 times the NFL player that Kleinsdropper ever will be.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ballhog27" wrote:
    I have to admit I always liked Jim Kliensasser. He was an awesome Tightend in college and I was pretty psyched about him coming to the Vikings. I think that it is time now for us to go in a different direction. I really don't see the need for him because we run single back sets and the idea of a full back is pretty much non-existent. I think that if we trade him for a fourth to fifth round pick to a team in need of a decent blocking FB/TE it would be better for the Vikings in the long run. I mean cutting 2.9 million dollars off the cap would be good. I will state this from than on out that the Vikings will not see any positive movement until Brad Childress is run out of town.
    YUP I was right, this is the third time you posted this same drivel.
    Look at the bottom quote in my sig line.

It now applies directly to you.
    >

I warned everyone earlier I was in meetings all day long and was in a bad mood because of it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

(16 games)
    22 receptions

yards receiving

0 TD's

rushing attempts

(16 games)
    receptions

47 yards receiving

0 TD's
    rushing attempts

rushing TD
    in 8 years

Does it matter how much he makes, really? The Vikings are not strapped for cash to stay under the cap.
    It doesn't matter if the Vikes are strapped for cash, paying a league minimum player 3 million a year is over paying and money we can use on resigning other players or free agents or to make Wilf some profit so he keeps the team in Minnesota instead of moving to LA.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:

>

I warned everyone earlier I was in meetings all day long and was in a bad mood because of it.
    ;D
    What's Tony Richardson for if the "idea of a full back is pretty much non existant"?
    The Vikings run a lot of sets to include a fullback.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:

>

;D
    What's Tony Richardson for if the "idea of a full back is pretty much non existant"?
    The Vikings run a lot of sets to include a fullback.
    Go getem Ejmat.
    Cheering you on from the sidelines.
    Lets teach this guy the right way to make a point before we loose him to the dark side.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast