singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Kleinsasser & Hutchinson - Bobbers & Blockers

[size=13pt]Bobbers & Blockers[/size]

5/11/2008

vikings.com

Over the weekend, a pair of Vikings who have found their way around many of Minnesota's 10,000 lakes took part in one of the states fondest traditions - the fishing opener....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Kleinsasser & Hutchinson - Bobbers & Blockers

Everyone on here knows how active I am with respect to the outdoor sports of hunting and fishing and how it is a family thing with me and Wildwoman so I don't think it will suprise anyone when I say that this was a excellent article with alot of great points.

Again, another example of our team getting involved in the community and getting recognition for it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Everyone on here knows how active I am with respect to the outdoor sports of hunting and fishing and how it is a family thing with me and Wildwoman so I don't think it will suprise anyone when I say that this was a excellent article with alot of great points.

Again, another example of our team getting involved in the community and getting recognition for it.
    The sad thing is that almost every time a Vikings player does get recognition for their community efforts, it's usually only on NFL.com & rarely in the local Trib or Press.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

The sad thing is that almost every time a Vikings player does get recognition for their community efforts, it's usually only on NFL.com & rarely in the local Trib or Press.
    Very sad but true my friend.
    Very sad indeed.

Truth of the matter is, most of the good stuff written about the Vikes comes from outside news agencies.
    Most of the bad comes from our good friends up there in the Twins Cities.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

That's because, unfortunately, bad news sells.
    And the media LOVES to rip on pro sports teams/players for being douchebags, and for all the crap they do, but never shine a spotlight on the GOOD things pro players do.

Like when Greenway donated some considerable cash to Children's funds and his old high school.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

"Formo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

That's because, unfortunately, bad news sells.
    And the media LOVES to rip on pro sports teams/players for being douchebags, and for all the crap they do, but never shine a spotlight on the GOOD things pro players do.

Like when Greenway donated some considerable cash to Children's funds and his old high school.
    Good reporting based on actuall football knowledge sells as well.
    ;D

Hutch with his catch.

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/articles/index.cfm?id=11956&section=outdoors,outdoor%20news &freebie_check&CFID=36427015&CFTOKEN=16265406&jses sionid=883099861090837c1c69

"singersp" wrote:
    Hutch with his catch.

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/articles/index.cfm?id=11956&section=outdoors,outdoor%20news &freebie_check&CFID=36427015&CFTOKEN=16265406&jses sionid=883099861090837c1c69
    MMMMMMMM, Walleye.

Very tasty.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

yeah for hutch
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It's refreshing to see some Vikings on a boat catching fish instead of crabs.