Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I'm wondering why there isn't more love out there for Justin Hunter. He's 6' 4", 200 lbs who can stretch the field and go for the jump ball (and take some pressure off of Peterson). Granted he tore his ACL in 2011 but recovered and had a decent 2012 campaign. I think the bust potential is there injury wise but he could be that go-to receiver we've missed since losing Moss.

Link for the lazy: Justin Hunter Profile - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    I'm wondering why there isn't more love out there for Justin Hunter. He's 6' 4", 200 lbs who can stretch the field and go for the jump ball (and take some pressure off of Peterson). Granted he tore his ACL in 2011 but recovered and had a decent 2012 campaign. I think the bust potential is there injury wise but he could be that go-to receiver we've missed since losing Moss.

Link for the lazy: Justin Hunter Profile - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics
    There's your answer for him not getting more love.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post

He has some love he is listed above Patterson on several sites. And he is projected as a late one early 2nd round pick, how is that not love?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I find ti hard to believe that all the good WRs will be gone by our 2nd pick and even if thta is the case then move up in the second round. I don't mind taking a WR in the first round but I want the BPA. If it is a WR fine but I don't like to reach (Ponder) because WRs in the first can be busts. Now you can say that about any player but I just feel the org. doesn't put a premium on WRs given the identity the team has established this year.

So my guess is the team willnot draft a WR unless they are in love with the guy and he is the PBA in Ricky's eyes.
    I agree with you 100% until the last sentence.

I know that Mock drafts are nothing more than a guess, but as I break down the team needs and look at that with the big board, alot of DL/OL will be coming off the board. Heck, with the changes that teams are going to be making (going from 3-4 to 4-3 or vice versa) alot of them will also come off in the second round.

My guess is that WR should be the BPA when it gets to us.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    NFL Mock Draft 2013 Picks 17-32

NFL Mock Draft 2013 Picks 49-62

I LOVE THIS! A big, physical Corner who is probably a BPA pick in the first, and then getting who I think might be the cream of the crop at WR in the 2nd!!! I just don't believe that T.Will is going to fall that far, but maybe, he's not the fastest or biggest, he just caught the most balls for the most yards last year!

1. Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
    2. Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    3. Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M
    4. Robert Lester, SS, Alabama
    4. Dallas Thomas, RT, Tennessee

After the 1-2 start, Sean Porter in the 3rd might be a steal as an all around threat of an OLB who can pass rush, seal the end and drop into coverage. Competition at Safety and RT also look good.

I know, I know, no DT here, but at the moment (but about to change with KW and JA's ages), I don't think DL is where we're hurting most...and today's pass first NFL is putting more and more pressure on the secondary to cover the ball without touching the WR, and that takes a ton of instinct and skill, which might be more rare and harder to find than a large, space eating, run clogging DT...

Some quotes about Williams' senior bowl work:

Sounds like Terrance Williams is doing same thing this week that he did his entire career at Baylor. Going to work, taking care of business.

Baylor WR Terrance Williams vs. Washington CB Desmond Trufant should be one of the best matchups Saturday. Williams just keeps making plays.
    Sounds like a blue-collar, team-first type of fit to me.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

I know, I know, no DT here, but at the moment (but about to change with KW and JA's ages), I don't think DL is where we're hurting most...and today's pass first NFL is putting more and more pressure on the secondary to cover the ball without touching the WR, and that takes a ton of instinct and skill, which might be more rare and harder to find than a large, space eating, run clogging DT...

That type of common sense is considered blasphemy by many on this board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123