Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Why hell yeah ! What's wrong with having an imaginary friend when you are young ?

    He wasn't a victim, Dude has issues.

    But with Spielman, who knows !

    Can you name the top QB and WR Spielman has aquired during his career ?
    Brett Favre, Randy Moss and Percy Harvin are the only ones that come to mind in the last 5 years

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Why hell yeah ! What's wrong with having an imaginary friend when you are young ?

    He wasn't a victim, Dude has issues.

    But with Spielman, who knows !

    Can you name the top QB and WR Spielman has aquired during his career ?
    LOL! So even though they already have the confession from the people that admitted scamming Te'o. you still believe he imagined it all & made it all up in his mind.

    What do you think of a guy who says football is his GF?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    While my preference is WR, if Te'o fell to us, I wouldn't get pissed if they took him. I care about what he does on the field, not that he got duped by some girl & played along with it or along with ND, tried to cover it up.

    It's not like this guy is constantly getting drunk, high, beating his GF, getting arrested or involved with killing someone.

    The kid is what 21 or 22? Kids of that age do stupid shit.
    I feel the same way singer. WR is my primary concern with this draft, however if this caused Te'o to drop to us at 23, I would be ecstatic to pick him up.

    And a lot of guys seem to forget the stupid things they did in their early 20's.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  4. #14
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,568
    I hope we can answer our wr problem during free agency so that we can draft a middle linebacker with our first pick. I would crap if Te'o was available at 23, but maybe he will fall sorta like Harvin did because of a stupid incident. Resign Harvin long term is also a priority this offseason.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    There are about five WRs who have a very similiar skill set so I don't think we should take a WR in the first round. I think one of them will fall into the second round and we can get one there.
    Problem is, the teams that pass on WR's in the first round, which allow one of the top 4 or 5 guys at the Z (which we so desperately need) will then gobble those guys up before they get to us in the second.

    Smarter option is to take WR in the first (others took DE and DT's) and then take a second tier DT in the second. Should have some nice options at Warpig in the second and then value wise you can grab another WR in the 4th or even 5th and get a kid pretty much the same as the guys who would be there in the second.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    I hope we can answer our wr problem during free agency so that we can draft a middle linebacker with our first pick. I would crap if Te'o was available at 23, but maybe he will fall sorta like Harvin did because of a stupid incident. Resign Harvin long term is also a priority this offseason.
    Only way we don't take WR in the first is if a kid like Te'o, Lotulelei, or Richardson fall to us. And even then do I wonder if they would pass on the LB for a WR.

    Unlike all of you I don't think we have as big an issue at LB as we do at DT. Just like the CB play, you add a nice Warpig in the middle and your LB'rs can then play off the line more and not have to help in the area that should be taken care of by that warpig, which isn't getting taken care of by the way.

    I think we address LB, but it will be a OLB and it will be in the 3rd with a cat like Chase Thomas to replace Henderson if Audie Cole can't do it. Even if Audie is to be the next guy, I still think the staff will go LB in the 3rd.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #17
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Problem is, the teams that pass on WR's in the first round, which allow one of the top 4 or 5 guys at the Z (which we so desperately need) will then gobble those guys up before they get to us in the second.

    Smarter option is to take WR in the first (others took DE and DT's) and then take a second tier DT in the second. Should have some nice options at Warpig in the second and then value wise you can grab another WR in the 4th or even 5th and get a kid pretty much the same as the guys who would be there in the second.
    I find ti hard to believe that all the good WRs will be gone by our 2nd pick and even if thta is the case then move up in the second round. I don't mind taking a WR in the first round but I want the BPA. If it is a WR fine but I don't like to reach (Ponder) because WRs in the first can be busts. Now you can say that about any player but I just feel the org. doesn't put a premium on WRs given the identity the team has established this year.

    So my guess is the team willnot draft a WR unless they are in love with the guy and he is the PBA in Ricky's eyes.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  8. #18
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    While my preference is WR, if Te'o fell to us, I wouldn't get pissed if they took him. I care about what he does on the field, not that he got duped by some girl & played along with it or along with ND, tried to cover it up.

    It's not like this guy is constantly getting drunk, high, beating his GF, getting arrested or involved with killing someone.

    The kid is what 21 or 22? Kids of that age do stupid shit.

    I am a HUGE Notre Dame fan and earlier in the season if you told me we were going draft Teo I woulda been pumped. BUT, after watching the national championship game where he was going against other NFL talent and speed he looked like a boy among men. He was not good at all. At this point I'm hoping we don't draft him if he's there at 23 or wherever the hell we draft.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  9. #19
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    I am a HUGE Notre Dame fan and earlier in the season if you told me we were going draft Teo I woulda been pumped. BUT, after watching the national championship game where he was going against other NFL talent and speed he looked like a boy among men. He was not good at all. At this point I'm hoping we don't draft him if he's there at 23 or wherever the hell we draft.
    1 game does not define a career.

  10. #20
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    1 game does not define a career.

    You are correct sir, but it was the only game in his career that he played against many future NFL guys and they made him a non factor. The game only gets bigger, faster, stronger in the NFL and if the national title game was a glimpse into that for him, his future is bleak. Don't get me wrong, I've loved the guy since the day he said I'm not going to USC I'm going to Notre Dame, but right now I'm bumming for the guy because I don't think his college game is going to translate well to the NFL.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •