Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Kiper: Terrance Williams to the Vikings

Kiper Projects WR Terrance Williams As Vikings 1st-Round Pick

Vikings Blog | Kiper Projects WR Terrance Williams As Vikings 1st-Round Pick

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Kiper Projects WR Terrance Williams As Vikings 1st-Round Pick

Vikings Blog | Kiper Projects WR Terrance Williams As Vikings 1st-Round Pick
    There are about five WRs who have a very similiar skill set so I don't think we should take a WR in the first round. I think one of them will fall into the second round and we can get one there.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 01-17-2013 at 08:15 AM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    There are about five WRs who have a very similiar skill set so I don't think we should take a WR in the first round. I think one of them will fall into the second round and we can get one there.
    Even if there are 5 similar WRs, there is going to be one that we like more than the others and playing chicken with the other teams would be stupid. This is the most important position we are going to be drafting and I don't want to screw it up by hoping one falls to us. Hell, I would be fine taking a WR in the first two rounds if we don't get one in FA.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I have a horrible fear that we draft Te'o first round... hope I'm wrong.

With our propensity to draft ND players, plus Te'o's (sp?) falling stock, I'm sure he'll still be available when we draft at #23.

Really... really... hope I'm wrong.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

With our propensity to draft ND players, plus Te'o's (sp?) falling stock, I'm sure he'll still be available when we draft at #23.

Add Tebow in free agency and the 'curse' would be to much to bear.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Even if there are 5 similar WRs, there is going to be one that we like more than the others and playing chicken with the other teams would be stupid. This is the most important position we are going to be drafting and I don't want to screw it up by hoping one falls to us. Hell, I would be fine taking a WR in the first two rounds if we don't get one in FA.
    Williams is very similair to four others and each will have their own supporters as to why we need them. The top WR by some sites is Keenan Allen*, WR, California Height: 6-2. Weight: 215 Projected 40 Time: 4.49. Projected Round (2013): Top 25. . If you are looking for speed Tavon Austin is much faster than Williams, not as big though. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 176. Projected 40 Time: 4.39. Projected Round (2013): 1-2.
    DeAndre Hopkins*, WR, Clemson Height: 6-1. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.40. Projected Round (2014): 1-2.
    , Justin Hunter**, WR, Tennessee Height: 6-4. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.48. Projected Round (2013): 1-3. and Cordarrelle Patterson*, WR, Tennessee Height: 6-3. Weight: 200. Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-3 are all very similiar to him.

We could get any one of them in the second round. I am sure watching a lot of tape will separate one of them but who will it be. If it is someone like Patterson we may be able to wait until the second round. We may even trade up in the second round and get him.

Right now too many variables to say what to do, obviously if there is a run on WRs in the first round we may have to take one of them but if they start to fall then we may be able to wait.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

While my preference is WR, if Te'o fell to us, I wouldn't get pissed if they took him. I care about what he does on the field, not that he got duped by some girl & played along with it or along with ND, tried to cover it up.

It's not like this guy is constantly getting drunk, high, beating his GF, getting arrested or involved with killing someone.

The kid is what 21 or 22? Kids of that age do stupid shit.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    That's what I think. Our need is so bad at that position that we might have to take 2 in the first 2 or 3 rounds. We absolutely positively cannot go another season with the level of WR talent that we have now. As for LB, we can keep Brinkley and Henderson on relatively cheap deals and be just fine.

As for trading up...roughly speaking, our 2 4ths are worth about the same as the 23rd pick of the 3rd, which would give us nearly 2 in a row there. Or, our 3rd and 2nd together add up to about the 6th pick of the 2nd round, and there will be some talent available there. Maybe we could go DT in the first and then get the, third or fourth WR off the board early in the 2nd...?

C Mac I had that same premonition yesterday...but IF he does turn out to be the next Ray Lewis, I'm guessing we'd be pretty freaking stoked.

I like Terrance, he seems to adjust to the ball well, and catch the off/behind passes smoothly. He makes all the catches and looks pretty friggin fast when he gets that long leg stride going. Plus averaging 18.9 yards a catch over 97 catches says he's beating some fools deep on a pretty regular basis. Can you imagine what this team would look like if we had somebody besides Harvin and Peterson averaging over 100 yards and a TD per game!?!??

Terrance Williams vs Texas,OSU,Oklahoma,Missouri - YouTube
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    He looks good ... wouldn't mind seeing him in purple...

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    While my preference is WR, if Te'o fell to us, I wouldn't get pissed if they took him. I care about what he does on the field, not that he got duped by some girl & played along with it or along with ND, tried to cover it up.

It's not like this guy is constantly getting drunk, high, beating his GF, getting arrested or involved with killing someone.

The kid is what 21 or 22? Kids of that age do stupid shit.
    Why hell yeah ! What's wrong with having an imaginary friend when you are young ?

He wasn't a victim, Dude has issues.

But with Spielman, who knows !

Can you name the top QB and WR Spielman has aquired during his career ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast