The Gap is offline Starter

KING KONG Returns

No better than King Kong it's 'The Gap'

First off I’m sure a lot of individuals thought I was gone or better yet dead. Well unlike my team I’m alive and kicking (quite a bit of the kicking occurs on Sundays). In an injury plagued season I feel rather humble and not very inspired. What can I say bad is bad but I have to brush off the cobwebs when my old pal DR chooses to chime into a thread (Pitt. Fans:Most annoying in football) with his opinion concerning Philly fans. If I didn’t know this guy really loves me I’d have taken it personally.

I assume the Steeler fan in that thread "Rickjames" (and he is dead) has met with the banishment bunny which could have been predicted although I don’t understand why. I would have thought since the Vike fans overwhelm the outsiders it would have been more fun to rally together and take him down in numbers. Steeler fans aren’t the brightest just yesterday I read there was a power outage at a Pittsburgh department store and twenty people were trapped on the escalators. Anyway you guys got rid of him and that’s the bottom line (as I hear Sinatra singing “My Way� in the background). I agree he was pretty full of himself and annoyingly over the top but then again who isn’t when they are chastising your team?

While I’m here I’ll toss in my 2 cents concerning the Vikes who I have enjoyed watching and best of all profited from during their current run. Unlike previous years which had fast starts the Vikes came stumbling out of the blocks proving the sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up�. As for taking the optimistic point of view towards the Steelers you may find them to be a different animal. We ran into these guys last year and in spite of their fans they are a real good team. As Viking fans you guys have to realize with the exception of the Giants (who statistically out gained you) all your wins are against really bad teams. Three 3 win teams, three 4 win teams and a 5 win team (with the backup’s backup at quarterback). Wins are wins so enjoy because contending makes the games a lot more fun but keeping it real should be included in analysis. On the positive side you have a decent chance of catching the Bears. They are also feasting on the weak as they faced seven 4/3 win teams so how good are they really? (Will Jan 1 answer that?)

I do hope you guys can pull another rabbit out of your hat with a win Sunday. Even though the Steelers are from my state I will always favor the NFC and after the way you purples have adopted me as one of your own how can I not make Minny my favorite No. 2 (are you listening DR?).

In Eagleville I’ve hit rock bottom so if you want to take a shot it won’t be that effective and it may even be uplifting. One similarity to last year is again we are playing meaningless games in December. One upside to such a bad year is it’s enabled me to concentrate more on my relationship …… what guy doesn’t enjoy shopping?

Is this what Hell is really like?

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: KING KONG Returns

"The Gap" wrote:
    No better than King Kong it's 'The Gap'

First off I’m sure a lot of individuals thought I was gone or better yet dead. Well unlike my team I’m alive and kicking (quite a bit of the kicking occurs on Sundays). In an injury plagued season I feel rather humble and not very inspired. What can I say bad is bad but I have to brush off the cobwebs when my old pal DR chooses to chime into a thread (Pitt. FansMost annoying in football) with his opinion concerning Philly fans. If I didn’t know this guy really loves me I’d have taken it personally.

I assume the Steeler fan in that thread "Rickjames" (and he is dead) has met with the banishment bunny which could have been predicted although I don’t understand why. I would have thought since the Vike fans overwhelm the outsiders it would have been more fun to rally together and take him down in numbers. Steeler fans aren’t the brightest just yesterday I read there was a power outage at a Pittsburgh department store and twenty people were trapped on the escalators. Anyway you guys got rid of him and that’s the bottom line (as I hear Sinatra singing “My Way� in the background). I agree he was pretty full of himself and annoyingly over the top but then again who isn’t when they are chastising your team?

While I’m here I’ll toss in my 2 cents concerning the Vikes who I have enjoyed watching and best of all profited from during their current run. Unlike previous years which had fast starts the Vikes came stumbling out of the blocks proving the sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up�. As for taking the optimistic point of view towards the Steelers you may find them to be a different animal. We ran into these guys last year and in spite of their fans they are a real good team. As Viking fans you guys have to realize with the exception of the Giants (who statistically out gained you) all your wins are against really bad teams. Three 3 win teams, three 4 win teams and a 5 win team (with the backup’s backup at quarterback). Wins are wins so enjoy because contending makes the games a lot more fun but keeping it real should be included in analysis. On the positive side you have a decent chance of catching the Bears. They are also feasting on the weak as they faced seven 4/3 win teams so how good are they really? (Will Jan 1 answer that?)

I do hope you guys can pull another rabbit out of your hat with a win Sunday. Even though the Steelers are from my state I will always favor the NFC and after the way you purples have adopted me as one of your own how can I not make Minny my favorite No. 2 (are you listening DR?).

In Eagleville I’ve hit rock bottom so if you want to take a shot it won’t be that effective and it may even be uplifting. One similarity to last year is again we are playing meaningless games in December. One upside to such a bad year is it’s enabled me to concentrate more on my relationship …… what guy doesn’t enjoy shopping?

Is this what Hell is really like? [img]http//pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage39/8.gif[/img]
    Only if you hang yourself. I've read the Cliff's notes of The Inferno, and I've had some personal experience when I tried to hang myself with a bungee cord. It turns out I was just almost dead.

On a more pleasant note: I liked the Steelers joke. Trapped on the escalators...that's a dang good one! :lol:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."