Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Kinder, Gentler Chilly?

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    [quote author=jessejames09 link=topic=41264.msg703165#msg703165 date=1199601550]
    I've learned to like Childress. I hated him for a long time, but this year the team was on the right track, the players under-performed did they not?

On the other hand if he doesn't sign some sort of real QB this offseason (solid backup or starter), he and i will be on bad terms, same goes for a legitimate starting WR. 2 positions we need desperately if he manages to fail here i can no longer have a sliver of faith in him.

But really could he possibly be that dumb? I doubt it. (that's your cue)
    Tell me who you want as a solid backup or starter for QB? Not much out there.
    And he doesn't sign them.

;D
    Dude - now you're just being silly.
    The Pentagon of Power is all involved in decisions to sign players, but no player is brought onto this team without The Big Chill's say-so.
    Are you kidding me?
    Sure he has a say but if Spielman and Studwell want a guy, guess what, two votes are better than one.

One day I will convince you of that.

;D

Seriously though, he does have a say but he sure the hell isn't the one making the final decision now is he.
    Comeon who is the big guy in this area?
    Comeon, say it, say it.........

Head Coach, VP of Player Personnel.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    If you think for one second that Spielman would sign a player that Childress doesn't want, you're nuts.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    I will give you that one only because I think they showed last year that all 3 are on the same page.

But if for some reason he wanted a player and the Chiler didn't he could put him on the team (ala Foley). And that is my point, I think he does carry a bit more power than the HC in Player/Personnel decisions.

Do you think that if the Chiller wanted a guy and Spielmen didn't he would get on the team?
    I don't.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Do you think that if the Chiller wanted a guy and Spielmen didn't he would get on the team?
    I don't.
    I think that if BC wants a guy and RS does not and it goes to Wilf, then that BC wants him will mean more than if RS wants a guy and BC does not.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't.
    I think that if BC wants a guy and RS does not and it goes to Wilf, then that BC wants him will mean more than if RS wants a guy and BC does not.

=Z=
    Yep

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't.

=Z=
    How did that work out for FF when he wanted guys that BC and SS didn't?
    We still wound up with them.
    :

I am sure glad ZW fired FF and hired RS as he seems in synch with what BC and SS are doing.

Suffice it to say though, I still believe that RS has a heck of alot more say (thus his title) when it comes to player personnel decisions that BC.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't.
    :
    LOL, Marty - you're a one-note band, sometimes.

Please name me EXACTLY which players Foley wanted that Childress and Studwell did not.
    You must support these beliefs with actual documented proof rather than baseless speculation.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't.
    :

Please name me EXACTLY which players Foley wanted that Childress and Studwell did not.
    You must support these beliefs with actual documented proof rather than baseless speculation.

=Z=
    I only have a few articles (which I have repeatedly posted) that laid out the flow of the 2006 draft and the following yelling and shouting matches that took place in the war room as:

a. Cutler went off the board and we didn't move up.
    b. Clemens went off the board after NYJ moved up ahead of us and got him.
    c.
    We took Cook ahead of were everyone else would have took him.

Your good with google.
    Go find them.
    ;D(Lots of smiley faces) ;D

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/....shtml?cat=206

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't.
    :

I only have a few articles (which I have repeatedly posted) that laid out the flow of the 2006 draft and the following yelling and shouting matches that took place in the war room as:

c.

Your good with google.
    Go find them.

That article is worthless as support for your contention that Foley picked people that Childress and Studwell did not want.

Your a, b & c are also worthless in support of that contention.

So, basically, you're engaging in the kind of ridiculous speculation (like "Let's trade for Tom Brady!") that brings down the off-season chatter.

I ask again - YOU'RE the one who has made this claim.
    If you refuse to support it with real evidence, then it must not be true and you should issue a retraction.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=41264.msg703209#msg703209 date=1199625943]
    I don't.
    :

c.

Your good with google.
    Go find them.

That article is worthless as support for your contention that Foley picked people that Childress and Studwell did not want.

Your a, b & c are also worthless in support of that contention.

So, basically, you're engaging in the kind of ridiculous speculation (like "Let's trade for Tom Brady!") that brings down the off-season chatter.

I ask again - YOU'RE the one who has made this claim.
    If you refuse to support it with real evidence, then it must not be true and you should issue a retraction.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Prove me wrong.

I have provided a hell of alot more news articles by the hacks you support as well as entire threads on how the QB's fell in the draft along with an entire thread on how this staff is organized to include roles and responsibilities.

Again, prove me wrong other than to try to mask you lack of understanding with big words......

A retraction my ass...... :

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Prove me wrong.

I have provided a hell of alot more news articles by the hacks you support as well as entire threads on how the QB's fell in the draft along with an entire thread on how this staff is organized to include roles and responsibilities.

Again, prove me wrong other than to try to mask you lack of understanding with big words......

A retraction my ass...... :
    Ahhhh - the last resort of the internet EXPERT - baseless speculation, masked as fact and then tossing the onus of proof onto the one who calls them out.

LOL.
    Just because YOU have posted it here in "entire threads" does not make it true.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Prove me wrong.

A retraction my jiggly butt...... :
    Ahhhh - the last resort of the internet EXPERT - baseless speculation, masked as fact and then tossing the onus of proof onto the one who calls them out.

LOL.
    Just because YOU have posted it here in "entire threads" does not make it true.

=Z=
    At least I took the effort to research it, throw it out there for discussion and then defend that stance.
    To date all I have from you is your opinion that my analysis is wrong.

Just because you disagree with me doesn't make it wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast