Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Kinder, Gentler Chilly?

Brad Childress came to the Vikings with orders to clean up an organization that had built a bad reputation. In his first year, his "bad cop" stance left some players at odds with his philosophy. A year later, it would seem Childress and his players are much more on the same page.

For much of the early portion of the 2007 season, the term “hot seat” was being thrown around the league for coaches that might find their current jobs in jeopardy. Topping that list were Romeo Crennel of the Browns and Brad Childress.

Three months later, as the coaching carousel begins in earnest, nobody is talking about Crennel or Childress. Both came within a game of making the playoffs and suddenly there is considerably more optimism surrounding both franchises. It would seem that, in his second season, Childress found a way to connect much better

I kindof liked this comment from the Ole Chiller.
    Who said he isn't funny.
    ;D

“He was open,” Winfield said. “Guys could come up to him and talk. He smiled a lot more. The first year, it was very rare if you would see him smile.”

When asked about that comment at his year-ending press conference

http://min.scout.com/2/716896.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Kinder, Gentler Chilly?

Once you've instilled your system and style people know what is expected. Practice schedule's and meetings, tempo's of practice aren't a surprise and everybody knows where they should be. The system is installed and a certain comfort level comes when everyone knows whats expected. Plus as the Chiller explained, "I'm better Medicated this year."

cmcwizard is offline Rookie

That's a huge part is having success in this league.
    You have to not only have the talent on your team, but build a relationship with players and have players repsecting what you are trying to accomplish.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

That's good to hear.
    I've always hated Parcells no matter how good he was, I'd never want him coaching this team.
    We don't need a slick willy, we need a coach.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I've learned to like Childress. I hated him for a long time, but this year the team was on the right track, the players under-performed did they not?

On the other hand if he doesn't sign some sort of real QB this offseason (solid backup or starter), he and i will be on bad terms, same goes for a legitimate starting WR. 2 positions we need desperately if he manages to fail here i can no longer have a sliver of faith in him.

But really could he possibly be that dumb? I doubt it. (that's your cue)

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I've learned to like Childress. I hated him for a long time, but this year the team was on the right track, the players under-performed did they not?

On the other hand if he doesn't sign some sort of real QB this offseason (solid backup or starter), he and i will be on bad terms, same goes for a legitimate starting WR. 2 positions we need desperately if he manages to fail here i can no longer have a sliver of faith in him.

Tell me who you want as a solid backup or starter for QB? Not much out there.

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

And he doesn't sign them.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

;D
    Dude - now you're just being silly.
    The Pentagon of Power is all involved in decisions to sign players, but no player is brought onto this team without The Big Chill's say-so.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

;D
    The Pentagon of Power is all involved in decisions to sign players, but no player is brought onto this team without The Big Chill's say-so.

=Z=
    Are you kidding me?
    Sure he has a say but if Spielman and Studwell want a guy, guess what, two votes are better than one.

One day I will convince you of that.
    ;D

Seriously though, he does have a say but he sure the hell isn't the one making the final decision now is he.
    Comeon who is the big guy in this area?
    Comeon, say it, say it.........

Head Coach, VP of Player Personnel.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

;D
    Are you kidding me?
    Sure he has a say but if Spielman and Studwell want a guy, guess what, two votes are better than one.

One day I will convince you of that.

;D

Seriously though, he does have a say but he sure the hell isn't the one making the final decision now is he.
    Comeon who is the big guy in this area?
    Comeon, say it, say it.........

Head Coach, VP of Player Personnel.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    If you think for one second that Spielman would sign a player that Childress doesn't want, you're nuts.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast