Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kicking issues

Justin311 is offline Rookie

kicking issues

Now that the Ravens have released Gopher Kicker Rhys Lloyd, should the vikes look at him as a possible punter? The guy knows the dome and could handle all 3 kicking duties in a pinch.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: kicking issues

If he could come in and beat out Bennett for the punting duties...AND handle the kickoffs, we would be set. Use Edinger strictly for FGs and let Lloyd do the rest. How is his leg strength on kickoffs? What about his punting average from college?

He could be our new Mitch Berger (who we should have NEVER let go)!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Justin311" wrote:
    Now that the Ravens have released Gopher Kicker Rhys Lloyd, should the vikes look at him as a possible punter? The guy knows the dome and could handle all 3 kicking duties in a pinch.

NO, they guy drove me nuts when he was a Gopher and I would not want to see him in a Vikings Uni!

I would look at which ever punter that San Diego cuts, either of those guys would be better than Bennett
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Justin311 is offline Rookie

Well he his placekicking stats from last year aren't spectacular (77th in the nation) 12-18, 2 blocked, longest 46...but he was 10-11 inside the 40 and was 43-47 on PATS

He may be better served to give Bennett a run for his money on punts and kickoffs.

Punting last year he totalled 55 punts with an avg just under 40 yds with a long of 53, only 5 were Fair catches and another 13 were inside the 20 yd line.

Kickoffs he totalled 71 kickoffs with a 50 yd average, 18 touchbacks and only 5 went out of bounds.

He only played for the gophers for 2 years and didn't start kicking in 2003 until week 3, but his assest his the ability to handle any kicking duty. And of course having an aussie fighting an englishman for the punting duties could make for some good trash talking.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

is dorsch any good?

Go vikes!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    is dorsch any good?
    He did OK in NFL Europe but he has not looked good in the Vikes camp or in preseason!

Neither has Bennett!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I thought Edinger did real well in kickoffs on Friday. If Edinger can keep it up on kickoffs, I don't want any more kickers.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    I thought Edinger did real well in kickoffs on Friday. If Edinger can keep it up on kickoffs, I don't want any more kickers.

I agree.. I hate having more then 2 kickers on a roster anyway.. As long as he can get us an occasional touchback and kick FG's consistantly i'm pretty happy.. He will certainly be better then Morton!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

We should sign the punter that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have. His name is Jon Ryan and he's averaging something like 52 yards on his punts. He regularly kicks them 55-60 yds and the worst ones he has usually go about 40 (I remember game he had where one punt was partially blocked and only went 20 yds and he still finished the game with a 45 yd average).

He's a free agent after this year and there have been NFL scouts drooling over him.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    If he could come in and beat out Bennett for the punting duties...AND handle the kickoffs, we would be set. Use Edinger strictly for FGs and let Lloyd do the rest. How is his leg strength on kickoffs? What about his punting average from college?

He could be our new Mitch Berger (who we should have NEVER let go)!
    Amen to that Cajun! Our kicking game has been hurting in those areas ever since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast