enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Kick azz Vikings statement!

Found this on another site...this guy hit the nail on the head!

www.geocities.com/modefinitely237

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Kick silliness Vikings statement!

Loved it ... every bit of it.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It was long that is for sure and he lost me right there at the end. I think the guy may have committed "hary cary" after he posted that. The last two paragraphs made me want to tie myself to the rafter.

He did have some great points and pretty much somed up all my feelings about it right up until the end.

I realized how numb Tice has made me feel the last year. The beginning part of last year, I thought Tice was a moroon, with all the cliches and then I just got use to hearing it every monday. It started to just feel natural listening to that dribble from TICE.

This sums it up though:
    And it's not only his coaching on the field that has been a problem, it has been his entire operation since he's been here that has turned this team into an absolute joke that lacks the discipline, passion, and likability of nearly every other NFL team this year.

Bubba_ND is offline Rookie

damn i just went through the last ten years of my life it was great, i loved every word i read. Nicely put, we do need a new coach, and a good one that can lead us, but until now Tice and players need to do their jobs or call the season quits

Hooversham is offline Starter

Re: Kick azz Vikings statement!

Sums up a lot of frustration. Brings back a lot of good and bad memories. The last couple paragraphs make me want to go slit my wrists, but I can't say that I TOTALLY disagree with him.

He made a lot of good points. He's obviously just as torqued as I am. He's a little bit nuttier though.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Hooversham" wrote:
    Sums up a lot of frustration. Brings back a lot of good and bad memories. The last couple paragraphs make me want to go slit my wrists, but I can't say that I TOTALLY disagree with him.

He made a lot of good points. He's obviously just as torqued as I am. He's a little bit nuttier though.
    Hooversham, I think you are selling yourself short.

JK :lol:

I think that guy went over the deep end. He threw himself ONTO the pleasure boat and took a picture of himself. And in his naked state,he then went streaking down to the dome with a bag on his head with the word "YIKES" written on the bag and a picket sign that read, "fire the meathead." Holy Cow!

The guy just summed up every thread ever written on PPO in about 40 paragraphs.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Kick azz Vikings statement!

:thumbright: :thumbleft: I know how he feels. He is lucky he has only been a fan since 1988. LOL I could add another 20+ years of highs and lows to his list. :smile:

I find nothing to disagree with in his assessment of Tice. I think there are a lot of players on the team that would care if there were something to care about. I also think he is right that a lot of fans have just gotten used to making excuses for Tice because he is a nice guy. I see it in posts on this forum. Its clear from his press conferences that Tice just has no idea. Every week its. "I think we did a little better." "It just needs a little tweaking." I think this or that quarter was good. "We just need to plug a couple of holes" (they tried that on the boat but it didn't help with Chicago) ops:

I picked the Vikes in the pool this week again. Its just hard not to pick them when I look at the roster. How can they not win? If they lose to the Pack at home I don't know that I could expect them to win another game this year. :sad: I will still be a Viking fan as always. I have been through years like this before. Basically you just shake your head and try to laugh through the tears. I find myself looking towards next year wondering what spring training will bring. The bright spot in the whole thing for me right now is I know that Wilf will show Tice the road after this season. Something I couldn't look forward to with Red. The next time we get blown out this season will be when I take my heart off my sleeve and put it away in my pocket till next year. :love9: That may sound a little harsh to some of you, but when you have been a fan as long as I have you learn how to survive the Vikings. :wink: You see I know we are destined to be world champions some year. It just won't be this one. However, I will cheer for them to win every game and a little piece of me will hope to be surprised because that is what a true fan does. :smile:

WWBGD

It was nice to see a rant that didn't say "juggly butt," and "poo" in place of expletives that depict real emotion.