PInfante97 is offline Rookie

Khalil Mack at 8

If you cant get your QB on offense at 8. Might as ell draft your QB on defense for the next decade. Guy is the safest pick in the draft

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Sounds like people are expecting him to be gone by #8 now. He seems like the kind of guy Tampa picks at #7 if someone else doesn't .

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    one way the draft plays out top three qbs gone, now we are down to 4 more picks hopefully two o linemen go rams and falcons taken them ...down to two more picks cloweny will be in the top 8 picks ...now one pick in front of us ...mack and watkins still on the board ...barr also

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    If you cant get your QB on offense at 8. Might as ell draft your QB on defense for the next decade. Guy is the safest pick in the draft
    Mack is an outside linebacker best suited for a 3-4 defense. I'm sure Zimmer would find a way to use him in whatever scheme he intends to run, but I don't expect him to be the 'quarterback' of the defense. He would be a great addition worthy of the 8th pick in the draft.
    I'm not sure I can say that about any of the quarterbacks in this draft class.
    As usual, the reality of where these players are ranked by NFL teams will be quite different from where the talking heads like Kiper, Mcshay, Mayock, etc., have them ranked.
    Fortunately for the Vikings, this draft class has a lot of talent and the team should benefit a fair amount if they choose wisely.
    I don't expect much activity in free agency other than signing a veteran QB.
    But a lot of holes should be eliminated with this years draft.
    Draft day should be fun.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    Yah but is he as safe as Aaron Curry?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

They are going to add at least 4 FAs, you can count on that...too many needs and the depth isn't there either... almost every position needs depth and starters minus RB,FB,WR,TE,LT,RT,RG ...EVERY OTHER POSITION NEEDS ADDRESSED...so I believe they will be very active in FA and trading up and down in the draft more than once... SKOL!!!!!!!!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I think Mack is an every down LB with the skillz to play Inside or Out and in an odd or even front. He has 4 years of experience with 327 tackles, 75 for loss, 28.5 sacks, 4 INTs, 22 Passes Defended and 16 Forced Fumbles! That is one hell of a pile of good numbers right there, and shows that not only can he rush the passer, but also stuff the run. He tied the FBS record for stops behind the line of scrimmage.

IN Zimmer's chess game, he would be the queen, attacking from all angles and from anywhere on the field. Also, he sounds like a good kid from a "humble, grounded family." IF he is still there at 8, which has become highly unlikely due to his combo of impressive combine numbers and on field production, he would be a great fit for the Purple Pride.

Khalil Mack Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot