Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

KFFL Vikings tidbits (18 April 2006)

Vikings | Whitaker scores NFL Europe touchdown
    Tue, 18 Apr 2006 05:46:22 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Ronyell Whitaker continued his strong play for the Rhein Fire of NFL Europe, returning an interception 30 yards for a touchdown Saturday, April 15.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team had pre-draft visit with Greenway
    Tue, 18 Apr 2006 05:43:17 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Iowa LB Chad Greenway, one of the top linebacker prospects in the NFL Draft, visited the Minnesota Vikings last week, agent Marvin Demoff said.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: KFFL Vikings tidbits (18 April 2006)

Ronyell Whitaker seems to be tearing the NFL Europe up this year.. Could be a possible candidate for nickel in the NFL?

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"Benet" wrote:
    Ronyell Whitaker seems to be tearing the NFL Europe up this year.. Could be a possible candidate for nickel in the NFL?
    It is possible, but don't get excited... I watched one of the games and he made a couple good plays, but also got burnt for about a 50-yard TD. I just don't know if Childress will like his personality that much and maybe Tomlin was just being nice to an old player/friend. He talks WAY too much! He made a tackle, not a great one, on special teams after the guy had gone about 60 yards.... and got in the guy's face and started yapping. I could see it if the got him inside the 20, but not after a great return.

Thanks Lotza!

Jeremy is offline Starter

"damien927" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    It is possible, but don't get excited... I watched one of the games and he made a couple good plays, but also got burnt for about a 50-yard TD. I just don't know if Childress will like his personality that much and maybe Tomlin was just being nice to an old player/friend. He talks WAY too much! He made a tackle, not a great one, on special teams after the guy had gone about 60 yards.... and got in the guy's face and started yapping. I could see it if the got him inside the 20, but not after a great return.
    That yapping happens all the time though. You always see guys getting all excited after making a hit, even if it's after a first down. It's not uncommon. Hell, Smoot yaps before the game even starts. I doubt he gets demoted to nickel corner though.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

That why i like Winfield so much, talk is cheap. Winfield walks the walk and he don't have to talk.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

we still shouldve brought somebody in for the nickle job rather than allowing 2 inexperienced guys and an nfl europe player battle for it..if one of our starters goes down, then that could be a serious weaknes
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

"Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings | Whitaker scores NFL Europe touchdown
    Tue, 18 Apr 2006 05:46:22 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Ronyell Whitaker continued his strong play for the Rhein Fire of NFL Europe, returning an interception 30 yards for a touchdown Saturday, April 15.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Iowa LB Chad Greenway, one of the top linebacker prospects in the NFL Draft, visited the Minnesota Vikings last week, agent Marvin Demoff said.
    This report of Ronyell Whitaker looking good is pointless IMO. He is going up against reveivers over there who probably won't even make most NFL rosters and if they do they are going to be #5's or else practice squad material. There is no way he is going to be our Nickleback just because of what he is doing in NFL Europe. That league has yielded some good players in the past but as a corner you need to be able to cover NFL talent before I am willing to believe you can be our number 3 corner.

Interceptions don't necessarily mean a corner is doing well either. Some of the best corners in the NFL rarely get interceptions because they are so good they are rarely ever thrown at. Remember DeWayne Washington? The guy was a POS but he would have like 5 or 6 picks every year.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Had the inside scoop on this last week before it happened. :lol:

Chad Greenway

"snowinapril" wrote:
    For what it is worth:

Yesterday, my brother had a layover in Cincinnatti and he ran into Chad Greenway. Greenway was in Cincy for an interview, he was heading to Tenn, and said that Minnesota requested an interview and was planning on going.

All this means is that we are interested, doesn't mean anything else.

Oh and it is a neat story!
    I was telling the truth for the record. It didn't come from the ball boy inside the Vikings training room or the source at KFAN or ShreadderGuy! LOL!

Prophet Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:

Chad Greenway

"snowinapril" wrote:
    For what it is worth:

Yesterday, my brother had a layover in Cincinnatti and he ran into Chad Greenway. Greenway was in Cincy for an interview, he was heading to Tenn, and said that Minnesota requested an interview and was planning on going.

I was telling the truth for the record. It didn't come from the ball boy inside the Vikings training room or the source at KFAN or ShreadderGuy! LOL!
    Missed that one. But did you at least verify the story with the ball boy or the janitor?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Chad Greenway

"snowinapril" wrote:
    For what it is worth:

Missed that one. But did you at least verify the story with the ball boy or the janitor?
    NO, it was shoddy reporting on my part. :lol:

Purely amature on my part!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast