Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

KFFL Vikings tidbits (12 April 2006)

Vikings | Team to have pre-draft visit with V. Young
    Wed, 12 Apr 2006 06:12:12 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Texas QB Vince Young is scheduled for a pre-draft visit with the Minnesota Vikings Monday, April 17, according to his agent, Major Adams. Adams said Young's scheduled one-day visit isn't based on signals that the team is seriously considering moving up in the first round. "We don't have any indication of that," Adams said. "We just want to come in and talk to as many coaches and visit as many facilities as we can."

==============================================

Vikings | Whitaker shining in NFL Europe
    Wed, 12 Apr 2006 06:16:57 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Ronyell Whitaker was selected NFL Europe Defensive Player of the Week after intercepting two passes Saturday, April 8, to help the Rhein Fire beat Hamburg 31-21.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: KFFL Vikings tidbits (12 April 2006)

I found this to be entertaining and got a private chuckle out of it:

POSTED 8:50 a.m. EDT, April 12, 2006

CULPEPPER TO MISS MOST OF THE YEAR?

As speculation continues regarding the question of whether Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be ready at the start of the 2006 regular season, we're hearing increased rumblings that Culpepper might not be able to play at all this year.

Culpepper is recovering from three torn ligaments -- MCL, ACL, and PCL -- in his right knee, which occurred when he took a low hit from the side in an October 30 game between Culpepper's old team, the Vikings, and the Carolina Panthers.

The Dolphins sent a second-round pick to the Vikings last month for Culpepper, who rapidly fell out of favor in Minnesota via his decision to rehab in Florida, his desire for more a lot more money, and his propensity to send out e-mails to the media in his capacity as his own agent.

Meanwhile, the Fins are looking for a veteran backup quarterback. They've kicked the tires of Tommy Maddox and are in the running for Lions quarterback Joey Harrington.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

at least we don't have to be stuck with the benchwarmer

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings | Team to have pre-draft visit with V. Young
    Wed, 12 Apr 2006 06:12:12 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Texas QB Vince Young is scheduled for a pre-draft visit with the Minnesota Vikings Monday, April 17, according to his agent, Major Adams. Adams said Young's scheduled one-day visit isn't based on signals that the team is seriously considering moving up in the first round. "We don't have any indication of that," Adams said. "We just want to come in and talk to as many coaches and visit as many facilities as we can."

==============================================

Vikings | Whitaker shining in NFL Europe
    Wed, 12 Apr 2006 06:16:57 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Ronyell Whitaker was selected NFL Europe Defensive Player of the Week after intercepting two passes Saturday, April 8, to help the Rhein Fire beat Hamburg 31-21.
    Wow! That's a bit suprising.
    I'm so anxious to see what we do in the draft.

I found this to be entertaining and got a private chuckle out of it:

POSTED 8:50 a.m. EDT, April 12, 2006

CULPEPPER TO MISS MOST OF THE YEAR?

As speculation continues regarding the question of whether Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be ready at the start of the 2006 regular season, we're hearing increased rumblings that Culpepper might not be able to play at all this year.

Culpepper is recovering from three torn ligaments -- MCL, ACL, and PCL -- in his right knee, which occurred when he took a low hit from the side in an October 30 game between Culpepper's old team, the Vikings, and the Carolina Panthers.

The Dolphins sent a second-round pick to the Vikings last month for Culpepper, who rapidly fell out of favor in Minnesota via his decision to rehab in Florida, his desire for more a lot more money, and his propensity to send out e-mails to the media in his capacity as his own agent.

Meanwhile, the Fins are looking for a veteran backup quarterback. They've kicked the tires of Tommy Maddox and are in the running for Lions quarterback Joey Harrington.
    :lol: I saw this on ESPN. It was funny because after all this and after the trade he hinted it. It was kind of like "... Oh, by the way, I'm not sure if I'll make the season opener."
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Who's that?
    And if it's Schuab, please don't turn this into another "Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schuab" thread. :cry:
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Who's that?
    And if it's Schuab, please don't turn this into another "Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schuab" thread. :cry:
    I think hes talking about Culpepper, since he more than likely will miss the season opener and might not even play at all in 2006.

SnoSho is offline Rookie

Wonder whats so wrong with Young that he's fallen out of favor as bad as Rodgers did last year. WOnder if he'll fall to us, which I think would be cool unless he's a total bust which I dont see happening.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Also from KFFL;

Vikings | Studwell to remain with the team
    Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:00:16 -0700

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said Scott Studwell, who has done an outstanding job as director of college scouting for the team, will continue in that position under the new ownership.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Also from KFFL;

Vikings | Studwell to remain with the team
    Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:00:16 -0700

Sid Hartman, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said Scott Studwell, who has done an outstanding job as director of college scouting for the team, will continue in that position under the new ownership.
    This news requires one of my very rare (This must be the first):

Yes Sir!

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

that is awesome that Studwell is staying on...I give him so much credit for most the young guys we have on our team. Keep it up Scott!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast