Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

KFFL Vikings tidbits (11 April 2006)

Vikings | Sharper to line up closer to the line - like a strong safety
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:39:21 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings S Darren Sharper has spent almost all of his nine NFL seasons at free safety, but he said at the end of the weekend minicamp that he technically would be a strong safety in the Vikings' new defense, lining up closer to the line of scrimmage on the tight end side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team to have pre-draft visit with Whitehurst
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:36:46 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings will conduct a pre-draft visit with Clemson QB Charlie Whitehurst. He will fly to Minnesota Tuesday, April 11, for a Wednesday April 12 visit. He is projected as a second- or third-round draft choice, but he has good NFL bloodlines as the son of former Green Bay QB David Whitehurst.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team to have pre-draft visit with Cutler
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:32:55 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings will conduct a pre-draft visit with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler Tuesday, April 11. The Vikings aren't scheduled to pick until 17th, but head coach Brad Childress has mentioned the possibility of trading up in the first round.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: KFFL Vikings tidbits (11 April 2006)

Is there such thing as a good bloodline from a former Packer player?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Is there such a thing as good bloodline anywhere? Griese and Sims come to mind. I guess they aren't that bad but it's not like Whitehurst was a great QB.

I'm not saying Charlie can't be good. I'm just merely pointing out how rediculous that statement is.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"ejmat" wrote:
    Is there such a thing as good bloodline anywhere? Griese and Sims come to mind. I guess they aren't that bad but it's not like Whitehurst was a great QB.

I'm not saying Charlie can't be good. I'm just merely pointing out how rediculous that statement is.
    Well Griese and Sims are not near are good as their fathers were.... maybe since the Packer Whitehurst was half-a$$, his kid will be the great one..... ok, I am reaching on that one.

Thanks Lotza!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

good bloodlines..Whitehurst was a stallion on the field

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Whitehurst would be a great QB to build up behind Johnson. I really hope we keep all our picks and take him instead of trading up.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:

Archie, Peyton, Eli

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"damien927" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

Well Griese and Sims are not near are good as their fathers were.... maybe since the Packer Whitehurst was half-a$$, his kid will be the great one..... ok, I am reaching on that one.
    Guess that means that the spawn of Lynn Dickey will be Hall-of-Famers!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Vikez4Lyfe quoted: "Archie, Peyton, Eli"

I can agree with that.

Prophet Guest

Vikings | Longwell looking good
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:14:56 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings PK Ryan Longwell looked sharp during the team's three-day minicamp April 7-9. He displayed good accuracy and leg strength.

Vikings | Edwards battling for spot
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:14:39 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Dovonte Edwards is battling DB Dustin Fox for time at the third cornerback spot.

Vikings | Fox playing corner
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:14:21 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings DB Dustin Fox, who was drafted as a strong safety, is in competition with CB Dovonte Edwards for the third cornerback position.

Vikings | Speedster Williamson looking like a deep threat
    Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:13:59 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson looked great in the teams recent minicamp April 7-9. The second-year receiver showed great hands and tremendous speed in the open field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast