Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Del Rio Guest

Re: KFFL Vikings tidbit(s) (17 April 2006)

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Last I heard Ted was still unemployed, after the way he F*cked up the Vikings D last year I wouldn't give him a job.
    I don't think Ted did "effed" up the Vikes D last year at all. They were lousy while Daunte was the QB because the opposition kept getting short fields. Kinda tough to stop 'em when they've only got 45 yards to go drive after drive after drive. Can't blame them when Moe Williams gives away the season opener, for example.

By the end of the season, they were playing extremely well, especially against the run. I really wish they'd kept Ted so we could actually see what it would be like to keep the same system for more than a couple years.

=Z=
    I would buy that if it was just last year, but it was not.

Ted Cottrell was the one steady contributing factor to our piss poor defense over the last two years. I am sold on this. Having Antoine Winfield speak out about it mid season as I predicted would happen only confirmed to me that what I was seeing during the games was indeed a poor scheme.

If there is any move that I am happy with over the last 10 years it is the firing of Ted Cottrell.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Oh well...hahaha
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Last I heard Ted was still unemployed, after the way he F*cked up the Vikings D last year I wouldn't give him a job.
    I don't think Ted did "effed" up the Vikes D last year at all. They were lousy while Daunte was the QB because the opposition kept getting short fields. Kinda tough to stop 'em when they've only got 45 yards to go drive after drive after drive. Can't blame them when Moe Williams gives away the season opener, for example.

By the end of the season, they were playing extremely well, especially against the run. I really wish they'd kept Ted so we could actually see what it would be like to keep the same system for more than a couple years.

=Z=

That is your opinion, but I think it is wrong! Ted screwed up the Jets D and then came to the Vikes and screwed up the Vikes D!

When 10 year veterans are saying that they are struggling to understand what the D is doing in week 6 of the NFL season, there are serious problems! Until Tice got involved and brought in an outside consultant to simplify what the D was doing and to try and restore order in the Vikes game plans, the D was a mess.

If Ted is so good and runs such a great D scheme, then why did nobody pick him up as a D coordinator our as a headcoach? Because his schemes are crap, and he has screwed up the last 2 teams he has been with.

Best thing that has happened to the Vikings in the last year was Ted & Tice getting the boot out of town!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Best thing that has happened to the Vikings in the last year was Ted & Tice getting the boot out of town!
    Hey - I respect everyone's right to an opinion, but come on!

Tice and Ted getting booted is better than Dead Red selling the team to Zygi?

Tice and Ted getting booted is better than signing Pat Williams and Darren Sharper?

Tice and Ted getting booted is better than the signing of Brad Johnson as the 2nd QB last year?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12