Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: KFAN Notebook - includes the line up as of now

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Tarvaris Jackson struggled with his accuracy again today, but coach Childress seemed happy with his progress.

"He's looking in the right spots, and he's making most of the throws," said Childress.
    That troubles me some. From the articles I've read, I thought T-Jack was an accurate passer.
    He was an accurate passer in Division II college football.
    At this point in time he has so much on his plate it would be exceptional for him to be accurate. I'm encouraged by the statement " He's looking in the right spots ". That means he's learning the system.
    The timing and accuracy should come with practice. The time a receiver is open in the NFL is very short. Sometimes it's too late to throw the ball when you see him come open.
    So he needs a lot of practice and reps to work with his receivers.
    Childress is displaying patience. I think we will need patience as well.
    Most coaches give a little sugar with their vinegar.

Your not going to say to the media..."Well at the end of the day the kid sucks."

The point of my statement was: He was accurate when he played with 2nd rank college players. It doesn't mean he will be accurate in the NFL. His future is blank and we won't know what kind of player he is until he actually plays.
    Very true Del.

But it doesn't mean that he is going to be a bust either, so unfortunately we will have to wait 2 to 3 years to find out what we have in T. Jackson.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Your not going to say to the media..."Well at the end of the day the kid sucks."

You hit it on the head there Rio... (all coaches add some sugar and coat it!)
    "He just needs to get more on the field reps"
    "He's not up to speed yet but he'll get there"
    "He's coming along nicely learning the system"
    "His feet/legs aren't quite up to speed yet"
    "He's adjusting to the speed of the pro game"
    etc, etc...
    Home Sweet Dome...

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Tarvaris Jackson struggled with his accuracy again today, but coach Childress seemed happy with his progress.

"He's looking in the right spots, and he's making most of the throws," said Childress.
    That troubles me some. From the articles I've read, I thought T-Jack was an accurate passer.
    He was an accurate passer in Division II college football.
    At this point in time he has so much on his plate it would be exceptional for him to be accurate. I'm encouraged by the statement " He's looking in the right spots ". That means he's learning the system.
    The timing and accuracy should come with practice. The time a receiver is open in the NFL is very short. Sometimes it's too late to throw the ball when you see him come open.
    So he needs a lot of practice and reps to work with his receivers.
    Childress is displaying patience. I think we will need patience as well.
    Most coaches give a little sugar with their vinegar.

The point of my statement was: He was accurate when he played with 2nd rank college players. It doesn't mean he will be accurate in the NFL. His future is blank and we won't know what kind of player he is until he actually plays.
    Very true Del.

But it doesn't mean that he is going to be a bust either, so it will be unfortunately we will have to wait 2 to 3 years to find out what we have in T. Jackson.
    No one said he would be a bust.

He is simply nothing. Every player has potential. You can't read into what fans say his potential is, because they are jaded. Even if he did do well in practice you coulndn't say he could manage to play well in a game.

That is why I stick with the facts. He was an accurate passer in Div II football. That gives me absolutely zero expectations for him. His exsistence is completely neutral in my eyes atm.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I think he's got great potential, but did anyone really expect him to come in and be Daunte? Its going to take some time for him to come to speed.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"-Back to the offense, Carter just continues to make plays. He made several tough catches again today that got a rise out of the sparse crowd on hand. It's too bad the numbers game at WR will most likely push him out, this guy can flat play despite his size."

this is true, the two days i've been at camp so far i have liked how carter has played, he made some really good catches.. unfortunatly we have a shit load of WR's that are almost all talented

(Koren Robinson, Troy Williamson, Billy McMullen, Travis Taylor, Marcus Robinson, Kevin Kasper, Aaron Hosack, Dez White)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not worried about T-Jack..

It's the 2nd day of training camp of his rookie year? Not sure what day it is, but never the less he is getting used to the NFL and will make a few bad throws.. No worrys

One Love

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

today would be the 5th day of training camp ^_^

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Very true Del.

But it doesn't mean that he is going to be a bust either, so it will be unfortunately we will have to wait 2 to 3 years to find out what we have in T. Jackson.
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    No one said he would be a bust.

Del I did not intend that as a response to your post! I intended that to be a statement onto itself, that at this point he can go either way and good or bad and that we have to wait to see which way it is.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123