Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keys To Victory

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Keys To Victory

6-KINGS wrote:
    purplepat wrote:
    #2 Win field position battle - this also means ST coverage must tackle quick and well-make Dallas drive 70+ yds
    #3 Don't overplay pass rush to limit big runs - Felix Jones has me a bit worried
    The cryboys rested Barber to run against us 20+ times. They want to keep the Vike O off the field
    Keeping the Vikes O off the field (or conversely, keeping the Vikes D on the field and tiring them out) should obviously be a goal. That said, I worry a lot less about the Cowboys beating the Vikings with Marion Barber grinding out 3 and 4 yard runs. I'm more worried about the Cowboys gashing the Vikings with big plays by Felix Jones or Miles Austin, or Jason Witten either converting critical 3rd downs or getting big gains down the seam on 1st and 2nd down. If the Cowboys have to score on long drives, there's a better chance for a mistake (penalty/turnover/not converting a 3rd down/Suisham missing a FG) than if they are hitting big plays.

That said, the Vikes O should focus on controlling the ball and clock (and not necessarily by trying to run the ball), both to keep the Cowboys O off the field but to keep the D, in particular the D line, fresh.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

SKOL wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    the crowd needs to be the loudest it has every been. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down all game long. We need to yell our heads off.
    Exactly... I swear us PPO'ers are the only ones screaming on 1st and 2nd downs. :blush: You look around and everyone else is sitting on their hands.
    That shit is not going to fly this time for me. I don't ever say anything to people but this time I am. This is the playoffs. If you don't want to yell when Dallas is on offense, go home.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    I don't think all those things need to happen. I have one key. We need to get at Romo. Our front 4 need to bring pressure and the crowd needs to be the loudest it has every been. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down all game long. We need to yell our heads off. I am taking 1000 milligrams before this one.
    For the first time in my life I will be there to ADD to the crowd noise as a Viking fan. I will make sure the area I am in follows suite. My 7th Viking game but 1st home game.

One question - Do I need snow boots? LOL. I'm not looking forward to the cold but it will be well worth it for me. I want an enjoyable plane ride home Monday morning. I will do everything I can to fire the Vikings and the crowd beside me up. Anyone else have seats in section 117?
    You will have to do a good job. They are a little snobbier down there. :P I will be right above you in 215.

GALLY is offline Starter

The biggest key is jumping out quick....if the Vikes don't get an eary lead or fall behind quickly the pressure will build and Chilly will fold.......

Wish I could be there (California is a little far away).....but I will be yelling from here. A buddy of mine (Cowboy fan) will be coming over for the game...I'm thinking of proposing a wager of loser has to buy a jersey of the other team and wear it to my Super Bowl Extravaganza weekend of festivities.......any other ideas?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Rattle Romo.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Rattle Romo.
    Alliteration is for the weak.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    [quote]jmcdon00 wrote:
    I like the idea of the noise makers. We should try to get our hands on some and pass them out at the tailgate.
    So you wrap the gameday booklet (that is on your seat) around it and, like a megaphone, direct it at the field. That's what I do in critical situations... otherwise I just cup it in my hands so it looks like I'm yelling, ha.

I can't stress enough to get good quality ones, like from a party store, instead of Target's party section.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Prophet wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Rattle Romo.
    Alliteration is for the weak.
    Could have used assonance. But could only come up with; fleet feet sweep dweebs in defeat.
    Pretty lame and not nearly succinct as Rattle Romo.
    Rattle Romo, Vikes win. Simple plan from my simple mind.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

SKOL wrote:
    [quote]BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I like the idea of the noise makers. We should try to get our hands on some and pass them out at the tailgate.
    So you wrap the gameday booklet (that is on your seat) around it and, like a megaphone, direct it at the field. That's what I do in critical situations... otherwise I just cup it in my hands so it looks like I'm yelling, ha.

I can't stress enough to get good quality ones, like from a party store, instead of Target's party section.
    I roll my game day booklet up and use it to protect my hand as I'm pounding on the wall behind me. Otherwise I end up with a swollen and bruised hand for several days following the game. You should see the shredded booklet after the game...a real thing of beauty.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    I don't think all those things need to happen. I have one key. We need to get at Romo. Our front 4 need to bring pressure and the crowd needs to be the loudest it has every been. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down all game long. We need to yell our heads off. I am taking 1000 milligrams before this one.
    For the first time in my life I will be there to ADD to the crowd noise as a Viking fan. I will make sure the area I am in follows suite. My 7th Viking game but 1st home game.

One question - Do I need snow boots? LOL. I'm not looking forward to the cold but it will be well worth it for me. I want an enjoyable plane ride home Monday morning. I will do everything I can to fire the Vikings and the crowd beside me up. Anyone else have seats in section 117?
    You will have to do a good job. They are a little snobbier down there. :P I will be right above you in 215.
    That's good to know. That part of the crowd will have to lose that snobby-ness. Are you right above the tunnel?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast