Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keys To Victory

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Keys To Victory

Score more points than the pies.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

Of course I live here in Cryboy land and my phone has been ringing nonstop with Dallas smack talk. Here is today's local sports link. http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/

Make sure you click on the Favre pic and to the right is a poll about how far the cowboys will go. LET SLAM THEIR POLL!!!
    lol http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1882894.html

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

6-KINGS wrote:
    Of course I live here in Cryboy land and my phone has been ringing nonstop with Dallas smack talk. Here is today's local sports link. http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/

Make sure you click on the Favre pic and to the right is a poll about how far the cowboys will go. LET SLAM THEIR POLL!!!
    http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1882894.html

Did my part, everyone knows those polls mean a lot.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    6-KINGS wrote:

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1882894.html

Did my part, everyone knows those polls mean a lot.
    Oh it does here. By GOD if it is in the Star Telegram By GOD Well GOD himself wrote it.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

marstc09 wrote:
    the crowd needs to be the loudest it has every been. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down all game long. We need to yell our heads off.
    Exactly... I swear us PPO'ers are the only ones screaming on 1st and 2nd downs. :blush: You look around and everyone else is sitting on their hands.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

purplepat wrote:
    Don't know if I can be brief, but I'll try...

#1 Zero turnovers
    #2 Win field position battle - this also means ST coverage must tackle quick and well-make Dallas drive 70+ yds
    #3 Don't overplay pass rush to limit big runs - Felix Jones has me a bit worried
    #4 Account for Witten at all times
    #5 Keep Favre upright

#1 may be the most important. Before the playoff game vs Philly, the Cowboys hadn't scored more than 24 points in their previous eight games. The Vikings haven't scored less than 27 points in any home game this year. If the Vikings can hold the Cowboys to 24 points (hopefully more like 21), they have a great shot at winning this game. You can't give them easy scores via benefit of turnovers (which also potentially takes points away from the Vikings that they might have scored). The Carolina game was the only game this season where the Vikings offense put up fewer than 17 points.
    The cryboys rested Barber to run against us 20+ times. They want to keep the Vike O off the field

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

marstc09 wrote:
    I am taking 1000 milligrams before this one.
    I have a solution that I employed last year. I bought some party favor noisemakers, and took the streamers off the end. They are super small, and it's very easy to sneak one in in your pocket. They're super loud (like an air horn), they save your voice and don't give a headache. You have to be careful not to be the only one making noise at the time it's "employed", otherwise security gets wise to you. Mix in a nice bit of yelling in addition to the air horn. Also, be careful to get good quality.. if they're too cheap they last one blow and they're done.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

SKOL wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    I am taking 1000 milligrams before this one.
    I have a solution that I employed last year. I bought some party favor noisemakers, and took the streamers off the end. They are super small, and it's very easy to sneak one in in your pocket. They're super loud (like an air horn), they save your voice and don't give a headache. You have to be careful not to be the only one making noise at the time it's "employed", otherwise security gets wise to you. Mix in a nice bit of yelling in addition to the air horn. Also, be careful to get good quality.. if they're too cheap they last one blow and they're done.

lmao, I'll be listening for you SKOL...
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Win the line of scrimmage. Our guys should be well rested and dominate on both lines.
    I think the winner will need at least 30 points. I don't see a defensive battle.

Look for atleast 1 false start and 1 delay of game due to crowd noise. The dome is gonna be ultra super loud.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Win the line of scrimmage. Our guys should be well rested and dominate on both lines.
    I think the winner will need at least 30 points. I don't see a defensive battle.

Look for atleast 1 false start and 1 delay of game due to crowd noise. The dome is gonna be ultra super loud.
    2 penalties? I think we can do better than that. Especially considering this is a playoff game. Not only should the crowd be louder, but whomever is in contol of pumping noise in through the speakers should be at liberty to bump up the volume knob a few more notches.

I like the idea of the noise makers. We should try to get our hands on some and pass them out at the tailgate.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast