1 that wont happen) Mike Tice being a good coach. Since that's out of reach...
1) Daunte Culpepper holding on to the football. It's not so bad when we have a receiver who can break off an 80 yard td on a dime, but fumbles for loss will be huge now.
2) Nate Burleson demanding double coverage. Not with pure speed, obviously, but making teams honor the double move, like Marvin Harrison does.
3) Start Mewelde Moore. He's a dynamic pass catcher, breaks tackles easily, is elusive, and has that home-run burst.
4) Defensive leadership, defensive playcalling. Someone has to make the on field audibles, someone has to get all the rookies in place, and that someone needs to be Sam Cowart. Don't worry about Teddy - he'll call a good game.
5) The play of Fred Smoot. Substitute this for the play of Brian Williams last year and you'll see why. Toine gave up just one touchdown - a league low. And in the latter half of the season, teams stopped throwing at him. They'll have to throw at Smoot.
6) Tight end play. Jim needs to catch enough balls that he must be honored as more than a blocker, like Jermaine. Two tight end sets need to spell impossible mismatches for our opponents.
7) Troy Williamson opening up the vertical game. I'm not sure how much faith I have in this yet - the kid drops balls like it's his job at the moment. But we'll see...