Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I'm your huckleberry. According to this study, they are dead last at 32nd.

Study ranks the most loyal NFL fan bases with in-depth analytics - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 240+ Sites

The Vikings came in at 18th. Rabid fans don't equal loyal.
    This study tells you which fan base is willing to spend the most on their team.

Sooo...if you think the key indicator of being a solid upstanding fan is how much money you are willing to give up, you would of course accept this study. But if you think being a fan is more than how much you are willing to fork out, it really doesn't tell you a whole lot.

I'm betting the teams and players like this as a way of determining loyalty, but let me be honest. I'm broke, and have little disposable income to spend on gear or tickets; but I love my team, and take what little I have and spend it on Sunday ticket to see them play.

I personally think I'm a great fan, but this study says I'm not.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    This study tells you which fan base is willing to spend the most on their team.

Sooo...if you think the key indicator of being a solid upstanding fan is how much money you are willing to give up, you would of course accept this study. But if you think being a fan is more than how much you are willing to fork out, it really doesn't tell you a whole lot.

I'm betting the teams and players like this as a way of determining loyalty, but let me be honest. I'm broke, and have little disposable income to spend on gear or tickets; but I love my team, and take what little I have and spend it on Sunday ticket to see them play.

I personally think I'm a great fan, but this study says I'm not.
    I'm sure you are a great fan regardless of how much money you have.

I was addressing your point of using Oakland as an example of a team that had a hard time selling their seats and implying that their fan loyalty was higher than the Vikings.

The survey was complicated (marketing driven) and yes they believe that the fan's willingness to spend money on their team is a large portion of the loyalty equation. They do try to moderate by taking into account median income's of the area, winning percentage of the team, and various other things. Team's with higher rankings are considered willing to pay more than a lower ranked team with all other factors being normalized.

At the end of the day what matters to fill those seats is the willingness of fans to dip into their pockets and pay the price. In that regard, they rank Oakland as dead last and MN at 18.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567