Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Trying to take these in context...

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Apparently you missed the multiple yearly statements that I printed from the MSFC that show with the exception of one year where they got a big payment for land sold to the MOA, that they have been operating in the red every single year. If you dispute this feel free to post the yearly P and l statements that back your claim.
    If that is the case then I stand corrected. I did not see the multiple yearly statements that you printed. I did a search but did not see it. That is counter to what I have heard, but I will take your word for it.

The detils are that they get to take the annual revenue sharing check and use that money to pay the league back so basically it is money they would have had to pay the league anyway so it is not even out of their pockets as you contend.
    You are incorrect. That is for the $150 million loan. The Vikings are still putting in a little more than $150 in addition to the SBLs, NFL Grant and NFL Loan.

NFL Grant: $50 million
    NFL Loan: $150 million
    SBL fees: $125 million
    Additional Contribution: $152 million

Clearer?
    As to the state and it's head- the best way is to charge the fans whatever they need to to pay it off. Whether that means your tickets cost 175 dollars and not 50 then so be it.
    And you know as well as I do that the state doesn't get to set ticket prices. Come on PF, you are grasping at straws here. A $50 ticket costing $175? That would make the Vikings the highest average ticket price in the entire league - eclipsing New York and Dallas.

so ho many extra suites and luxury boxes are being built and how much are they charging for them?
    Approximately 125 suites and 7500 club seats. I don't know the cost yet. They do have the grid iron club currently in the old Twins ticket offices, and those are $2200 per seat for the season. They suck IMHO though, as they overlook the plaza instead of the field. You have to watch the game on TV. I would expect the club seats to be in the $2500-$7500 range depending on where they are. Some of the suites and club seats are going to be field level - a first for the NFL.

Even if they only average $2500 per seat, that is still $18+ million dollars per year in non-shared revenue. This is the BIGGEST reason the Vikings wanted the new stadium.
    New Vikings Stadium Facts and Figures
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    You are incorrect. That is for the $150 million loan. The Vikings are still putting in a little more than $150 in addition to the SBLs, NFL Grant and NFL Loan.

NFL Grant: $50 million
    NFL Loan: $150 million
    SBL fees: $125 million
    Additional Contribution: $152 million
    Don't forget naming rights(5-10 million a year).

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

Approximately 125 suites and 7500 club seats. I don't know the cost yet. They do have the grid iron club currently in the old Twins ticket offices, and those are $2200 per seat for the season. They suck IMHO though, as they overlook the plaza instead of the field. You have to watch the game on TV. I would expect the club seats to be in the $2500-$7500 range depending on where they are. Some of the suites and club seats are going to be field level - a first for the NFL.
    What are these club seats and where are they located? I suppose there isn't any chance that they are taking regular seats, giving them a different name, and then charging a much higher price for them while not having the cost count against the average ticket price.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Don't forget naming rights(5-10 million a year).
    It depends on who is getting those rights, the Bills don't get the revenue on naming rights of the stadium it goes to the city there and I would be surprise if it when to the stadium authority here.

Blog Entries
    What are these club seats and where are they located? I suppose there isn't any chance that they are taking regular seats, giving them a different name, and then charging a much higher price for them while not having the cost count against the average ticket price.
    Not according to everything I have seen. The 65,000 revenue sharing seats are separate from the club seats.

There were two different types of club seats that I saw info on. One of them (my favorite) is like a small theatre box containing 15-20 seats. There was private access, like a suite, but there were only seats, it wasn't enclosed, and you are assigned a specific seat. There were a couple of possible locations for them, but most of them seemed to be on a club level between the first and second levels. In a couple of scenarios there was a row of club and suites between a second and third level as well. I also noticed that the levels were much smaller, which is a big plus IMHO. Something like max 20 rows instead of the 30+ rows we have now in each level.

There are also going to be clubs and suites at the field level. This is a big selling point for the Vikings and the NFL. These seats will be the closest to the field of play in the entire NFL.

Keep in mind, this is nor final design information - it is information I got from several different market surveys that the Vikings put out.

More info here: Minnesota Vikings | Frequently Asked Questions
    The new stadium will seat approximately 65,000 fans, expandable to 73,000 seats for a Super Bowl. With the closest fans being just 44 feet from the sidelines, Vikings fans will be as close to the action as any fans in the NFL. The stadium will have up to 150 suites, as well as bunker and end zone suites, and up to 7,500 club seats. Fans will enjoy wider concourses, more restrooms, increased and enhanced concessions, accessibility for fans with disabilities, and ample space for pre-game events and activities. The stadium will have a Vikings Hall of Fame and team restaurant.

A full comparison chart will be available after stadium design unveiling in spring 2013.
    Last edited by NodakPaul; 10-08-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    BTW, here is something else that is in the lease agreement that was approved.

The Vikings pledged to put 3,250 “affordable” tickets out on the market for each game, out of 65,000. What’s affordable? That depends on how much other seats cost. In short, affordable tickets can be no more than 80 percent of the average cost in the lowest-priced section, and obstructed view or standing room only tickets can’t be factored in.
    And to clear up any misconceptions, this is the average cost of single game tickets in the lowest-priced section without SBL or Ticketmaster fees.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    It depends on who is getting those rights, the Bills don't get the revenue on naming rights of the stadium it goes to the city there and I would be surprise if it when to the stadium authority here.
    I can't find it right now, but I believe the agreement let the Vikings retain naming rights to the stadium.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    For those who are interested, here is a very good synopsis on some of the more obscure details in the lease agreement.

Fine print in Vikings stadium deal leaves little to chance | The Argus Leader | argusleader.com

One of the more interesting ones IMHO is the windfall clause that would not allow Wilf to sell the team before 2032 without significant penalty. And by significant, we are talking about 25% - 50% of the net profits.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Paul...

I still maintain that though your information is solid, and appears to be accurate and well thought out, that once the cap hits, my licenses for my seats are completely useless. Only a fool would pay that fee, if they could find similar seats that have no license fee attached to them. I still believe that the stadium group needs to remove the cap.

1. This protects my investment
    2. This ensures that no one will default their seat back to the stadium group

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NDVikingFan66 View Post
    Paul...

I still maintain that though your information is solid, and appears to be accurate and well thought out, that once the cap hits, my licenses for my seats are completely useless. Only a fool would pay that fee, if they could find similar seats that have no license fee attached to them. I still believe that the stadium group needs to remove the cap.

1. This protects my investment
    2. This ensures that no one will default their seat back to the stadium group
    I agree with you 100%. I hate the fact that they capped it.

I expressed my concerns, and what I got out of it was two fold:

1) This wasn't the Vikings idea - it was a push from the state (or the governor) so they could say that they were protecting the people from out of control license fees. Note, this was implied, not actually said.

2) The $125 million wasn't born out of what the market could handle. Studies showed that the market would tolerate more than twice that. The $125 million is the approximate equivalent of each seat with a SBL attached to it being sold once. The idea is that once they are all sold, there will be no more on the market, and it will strengthen the reseller market. There is also historically not a lot of defaults on SBLs when you look at other teams. Even in markets like St Louis they will still sell before they default. And when they do, they are usually offered to adjacent seats first.

I get what they are saying, and there is ample evidence to support it, but it still bugs me a bit. I would rather the cap be removed, and any money generate above and beyond the $125 million goes into stadium improvements.
    Last edited by NodakPaul; 10-08-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast