Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Key Vikings stadium agreements on authority agenda

Lost in the debate of which mediocre QB will be the starter against Carolina is the fact that the stadium authority will be releasing some fairly important information today.

Specifically, they will be approving the stadium development agreement, which includes PSLs (or SBLs as they are calling them). How much, mow many, etc. As a ticket holder, this is a pretty big deal...

They are also approving the lease agreement, although there aren't any surprises there as far as I know...

Key Vikings stadium agreements on authority agenda | INFORUM | Fargo, ND

The board meeting is at 5pm today.
    http://www.msfa.com/content/AGENDAS/...%20Meeting.pdf
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Why is it a big deal? Ticket prices aren't changing from what they are at the dome right now anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Why is it a big deal? Ticket prices aren't changing from what they are at the dome right now anyway.
    Well, first of all, this has nothing to do with ticket prices, but nice try. This has to do with SBLs (Stadium Builder Licenses) or PSLs (Personal Seat Licenses) which have always been expected, and to be truthful, I support them. I have no problem having the people who go to most of the games bearing a larger part of the private burden, myself included.

I am interested to see what the pricing levels are for the licenses, and which ticket levels will have them. From what I have been hearing, not all the seats will require them, meaning that the cheap seats will still be exactly that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    $2500 for the average seat license. If that is the seats I currently have, that is an additional $10,000 on top of the price of my tickets. Going to be very hard for me to swallow that amount.

Blog Entries
    25% of stadium capacity, including approximately 12,000 seats, will not include an SBL

Various pricing zones, including some with SBLs as low as $500

More than 10,000 seats with an SBL will be priced at $1,000 or less

Expected average one-time SBL price will be approximately $2,500

Approximately 80% of seats with SBLs will be priced at $3,000 or less

Maximum price for an individual SBL will be $10,000

At least two financing options will be available to make easier interest-free payments:

1) An equal installment payment plan, with a down-payment at signing, interest-free prior to the stadium's completion

2) A finance plan over multiple years, with a down-payment at signing, interest-free prior to the stadium's completion, which would be available for a minimum of five years
    So 25% of the seats will have no SBL. Another 20% or so will b $1000 or less.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    How does this program compare to other markets?

This program is 3-4 times lower than the four most recent programs and is very much in line with programs developed in markets similar to Minneapolis-St. Paul. In 2003 the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers developed SBL programs to finance stadium projects that in today's dollars would be in line with the parameters set forth by the MSFA.
    The most recent programs include:
    San Francisco 49ers - $514 million
    Dallas Cowboys - $550 million
    New York Giants - $400 million
    New York Jets - $325 million
    For a complete comparison chart, please click here.

How did the MSFA land on a program of $125 million?

Extensive research with Season Ticket Owners, previous single-game ticket buyers, premium seat holders, team sponsors and the general population showed that an SBL program is very viable in Minnesota; in fact, the research showed the market can bear a program of $200 million or higher. Despite that number, however, together with the MSFA we developed parameters for a maximum gross program of $125 million, which we believe is a reasonable program that fits our fan base.
    Personally, I would rather they not cap it.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

LIVike is offline Starter
    To be honest I was expecting prices atleast twice those amounts so its a nice surprise. They aren't too bad. I do remember back when they had the stadium surveys when they asked about the psls it looked like the upper corners would be psl free with the endzones and the corners in the lower bowl being the cheaper ones.
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    4 seats in the "primo" section is going to cost about $46,000 in 2014 instead of the less than $6,000 season ticket holders paid this year.

They're having trouble trying to sell out games this year as well as season tickets. I think they'll have huge problems come 2014.

If all 75% of the seats that have PSL's attached to them don't get bought by season ticket holders, what happens to those tickets? I assume they get sold to the general public as individual seats, but what about the PSL's attached to them?

It doesn't pay for older fans to by season tickets anymore at that rate. They simply won't have them long enough to be able to justify amortizing them over a shorter period of time.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-04-2013 at 05:38 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    4 seats in the "primo" section is going to cost about $46,000 in 2014 instead of the less than $6,000 season ticket holders paid this year.

They're having trouble trying to sell out games this year as well as season tickets. I think they'll have huge problems come 2014.

If all 75% of the seats that have PSL's attached to them don't get bought by season ticket holders, what happens to those tickets? I assume they get sold to the general public as individual seats, but what about the PSL's attached to them?

It doesn't pay for older fans to by season tickets anymore at that rate. They simply won't have them long enough to be able to justify amortizing them over a shorter period of time.
    If seats are not purchased as season tickets, then there is to SBL fee attached. SBLs are the right to purchase season tickets for a specific seat.

I agree that they will have problems selling out in 2014 and 2015, but that IMHO is more because of playing at TCF than anything else. Although I see your point... some people aren't going to want to spend money on SBLs as early as 2014 if the next two years are at the Bank. It is an understandable position. If there is a drop off in season ticket owners, I suspect it will be back up in time for the new stadium. In fact, by 2016 I expect there to be a waiting list again, at least for the first couple of years.

As far as the older fans... I actually don't think it will be as much of a problem. There will be some atrophy, but not enough to be a significant difference. I think the bigger issue will be corporate packages. Radio Stations that have a block of 100 tickets, and stuff like that. I wonder how SBLs factor into those.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It will basically kill family attendance at the games for a significant percentage of the fan base. Even at the median price of 2.5k per ticket, which doesn't even get a good seat, you are talking a 10k investment for a family of 4 just to have the privilege of buying the overpriced tickets, parking and concessions. The team doesn't have the rich history of winning championships that the majority of other teams have that are building stadiums in this price range and Minnesota citizens tend to be more frugal with their money too.

My guess is there will be a lot of families that will decide to buy a big screen, purchase Sunday Ticket, and stay home to watch the game.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast