Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Key storylines for the Minnesota Vikings this season

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Everything hinges on TJack...and of course the play of our OL.
    I think the play of secondary needs to be thrown in there as well. How much yardage & points they give up will be key.

Did anyone besides me notice the amount of batted down passes those non-starters gave us in the Steelers game? I haven't seen that many in one game for years.

Yes, but I'm expecting the DL to make the secondary much better...for me the single most critical factor is TJack.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Some may think this is stupid but how I wish we had one more experienced receiver who could stretch the field. I'd go for that over a top replacement for McKinnie.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

My predictions for this season/ things to watch:

1. It is all on Tarvaris. Can he really read a defense in the NFL ??!! Can he "play within himself" and "drive the bus". Is he accurate enough ? Will he improve, a la Eli Manning ? One thing is for sure: Tarvaris cannot blame his weapons anymore !

2. Kevin Williams is a beast and this is the year he completely destroys offenses !!! Jarred Allen will be a side story to nr. 93 destroying offenses and causing chaos all over.

3. Peterson will often see stacked boxes and will be hampered in some games. This will be unexpected and the NFL will be a bit shocked by it. At the same time, he will have some big games.

4. Berrian will be a decoy and will "attack the secondary". His main role, as some here have pointed out, is to force the safeties out of the box and back.

5. Kleinsasser will be the underrated guy who makes the big contributions, again.

6. Press coverage in the Cover 2 is big, and how the corners do it on the LOS will be huge, and most people won't see it.

7. Our WRs will continue to block extremely well downfield.

8. Special teams will continue to be a weakness.

9. Childress will at times be outcoached.

10. We will beat the Bears twice and the Packers once !!
    ;D

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Player who will be the biggest disappointment: The expectations surrounding Bernard Berrian are so high it's bound to be a letdown if he doesn't have 1,000 yards receiving. But with Jackson still developing, that might be too much to ask.
    I don't agree with this. Bernard was brought in to stretch the defense not be our #1 guy. Wade is our workhorse/slot and rice is the playmaker/red zone guy. These guys will take away from Berrian yardage totals. Fergy and Allison will also get looks. I might be disappointed if we don't see a few 100 yard games by one of our WRs. But it is not a big deal if we are winning. Each of them have their roles.
    Bernard is expected to be one of 2 starters. Considering Rice is a 2nd year player with under 600 yards people call Berrian our #1 receiver. Fair enough. He might not get the most yards but he is considered our biggest threat.
    My biggest disappointment will be Chilly if he fails to open up the playbook.
    so true.
    I have yet to see a game that was unexpected in the playcalling department.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

AKViking is offline Rookie

I like what I've seen from Sullivan, but to say he is a long term solution at center and leverage against re-signing Birk is a ssssssssssstrech! Way to early to anoint him the second coming of Bir... uh wait, Birk isn't gone yet. I'd like to see Sullivan add a few pounds and play with a bit more speed and agility. That said, I don't see Sullivan truly being ready to start for two more years.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Everything hinges on TJack...and of course the play of our OL.
    I think the play of secondary needs to be thrown in there as well. How much yardage & points they give up will be key.

Did anyone besides me notice the amount of batted down passes those non-starters gave us in the Steelers game? I haven't seen that many in one game for years.
    Did you notice how close the CB's (starters and backups) played in preseason.

Saw quite a bit of press coverage my friend.
    That should make you ecstatic.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12