Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kevoncox's Vikings VS. Seahawks Grades

I noticed that the guys who really don't have to hit all that much looked best tonight.

I wonder why?
    ;D

mjuaire is offline Rookie

Solid grades, obviously there wasn't enough to really go on, but a few nice things to see for sure.

i have been saying that Darius Reynaud is the real deal since we picked his athletic booty up in FA.
    He is prototypical size for a 3rd WR, strong, amazing athlete, and guess what....special teams monster.
    We just saw him on KOR last night, but he'll be in on other plays too, and he's a perfect 3rd WR, especially in blocking situations because of his size, but obviously can hurt you with the ball as well. He needs to be on this team, because otherwise, he'll be on someone elses.
    And I don't like that idea.
    He's a player. Mar may ask, who goes then, I'm not sure anyone has to, but if someone does go, it shouldn't be him, that's all i'm saying.
    If you ask me about anyone outside of the top 4 WR, the answer is yes, let them go.
    DR is more valuable all the way around.
    It's early, but i've said it since the get go, and tonight he showed a little bit of why i think so, in his first ever NFL game.

alright, done ranting.
    Go Vikes.

PS, I'm moving back to the Twin Cities at the end of the month...no NFL Ticket needed to watch the vikes now!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mjuaire" wrote:
    Solid grades, obviously there wasn't enough to really go on, but a few nice things to see for sure.

i have been saying that Darius Reynaud is the real deal since we picked his athletic booty up in FA.
    He is prototypical size for a 3rd WR, strong, amazing athlete, and guess what....special teams monster.
    We just saw him on KOR last night, but he'll be in on other plays too, and he's a perfect 3rd WR, especially in blocking situations because of his size, but obviously can hurt you with the ball as well. He needs to be on this team, because otherwise, he'll be on someone elses.
    And I don't like that idea.
    He's a player. Mar may ask, who goes then, I'm not sure anyone has to, but if someone does go, it shouldn't be him, that's all i'm saying.
    If you ask me about anyone outside of the top 4 WR, the answer is yes, let them go.
    DR is more valuable all the way around.
    It's early, but i've said it since the get go, and tonight he showed a little bit of why i think so, in his first ever NFL game.

alright, done ranting.
    Go Vikes.

PS, I'm moving back to the Twin Cities at the end of the month...no NFL Ticket needed to watch the vikes now!!!
    He did do good last night, however, lets see a bit more of him.
    Always seems to be one of these guys that fans fall in love with and then when they don't make the team we hear about it all year.
    ;D

BB - Lock
    Rice - Lock
    AA - Lock
    B-wade - Lock

On the bubble
    Ferg - He was way down on the depth chart last night.
    Might be just the way the gameplan was layed out.
    DR - Saw some nice stuff out of him not only last night but out of the camp news.
    JJ - Looked decent on ST's in his limited role last night.
    Seeing some good and bad out of camp.
    Mayock says he still appears to be a project.
    Might be slipping down the depth charts as the pads are now on and he has to try to get off the line as a WR.
    Nance - He seems to be the odd man out even though he had a nice grab last night.

Maybe he will beat Ferg out.
    I am hoping.......

Congrats man.
    I would love to move back to the cities if it was closer to the ocean, the deer hunting season was longer and if someone would pay me as much to do as little as I do now.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mjuaire is offline Rookie

Haha, touche Marr.
    ;D

We'll follow up on DR.
    It seems to me that the practice squad is a good place for JJ...just an early assumption, but time will tell.

Go Vikes

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

No way Fergy can go...
    He played very well on special teams and is one of the best blocking WR's in the league.
    In our run orientated offense, we need WR's who can block.
    It is the difference between a nice gain and 6.

Berrian
    Rice
    Allison
    Ferguson
    Wade
    DR

We almost have to keep 6...

"mjuaire" wrote:
    Haha, touche Marr.
    ;D

We'll follow up on DR.
    It seems to me that the practice squad is a good place for JJ...just an early assumption, but time will tell.

Go Vikes

I am sure you will remind me..... ;D
    ;D
    ;D

As I have said many times.......... The WR, as well as the DL, OL positions are gonna be fun to watch as the staff figures out who/what makes the team.

My initial gut feeling is they will want to keep an extra OLmen or DLmen (in that order).
    Not sure if that will allow for the extra WR we (that includes me by the way) all believe they should keep.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Not sure what I can say. If I were AP, I would be so frustrated right now.
    Better frustrated than being carted off in a meaningless game.
    I don't think the coaches need to see much of AD at this point.
    He'll get some carries or better yet receiving to warm up in the 2nd and 3rd preseason games, but I imagine not many.
    TJ is the one that needs the passing reps, which I was very happy with.
    I'm starting to get the warm fuzzies.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    No way Fergy can go...
    He played very well on special teams and is one of the best blocking WR's in the league.
    In our run orientated offense, we need WR's who can block.
    It is the difference between a nice gain and 6.

Berrian
    Rice
    Allison
    Ferguson
    Wade
    DR

We almost have to keep 6...
    I hear ya my friend, problem is I believe that WR's that take S/CB's with them in routes are a key part of our running game as well.

I like Ferg (as much as I can for a EXPUKER) but why not keep a guy that can exploit a seam, provide blocking, and has a bit more upside (ala DR) instead of Ferg?

As to keeping 6.
    The staff, to date, hasn't kept 6 on the roster yet.
    Throw in the fact that I think they really want to keep a extra OL and DL guy kindof shoots that idea down even though it would be a lot less complicated if they could keep 6 WR's.

My guess is they will go ahead and keep 5 WR's (BB, Rice, AA, B-wade, Ferg) and try to sneak DR and JJ to the practice squad and call at least DR up about mid season depending on how the passing game is evolving.
    If it is coming together they will then shitcan Ferg (1 year contract) and bring DR up for the extra reps.

Gonna be fun to watch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12