Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Kevoncox's Vikings VS. Seahawks Grades

CoachingA) - I have to hand it to Chilldress and his Offensive game plan. I think he used this as a message to the league. Had we come out and simply run, teams would assume not much has changed since last year. Instead, we came out and showed that weare much improved in the passing game. A couple more games like this and a lot of defensive co. are going to have to go back to the
    drawing board. Thtake is is exactly what I would have done. Pass, pass and pass some more. AD looks to be in mid season form lets see him in the passing game.

TJ - (B+) - Lots of great throws and movement in the pocket. I really liked what I saw from him. However, this superman has a lot of kryptonite. I have realized that TJ is exceptional out of the gun, and on play action. However, when he is asked to simply take a drop back, he looks average. Most of his poor throws tonight we from a 5 step drop back. He needs to work on this aspect of his game and hopefully the coaches call more plays that he is comfortable running( i.e Gun). He is still forcing passes into double coverage. The throw to Rice made me cringe and the play where he threw inside when the WR had position outside made me curse. TJ also seems to be streaky, when he makes a bad play, expect 3-4 more in the same drive. However, lets not dwell on that, he played great tonight.

CT and AD: (A) Didn't see a lot fromt hese guys but Ad had a big block down field to set up BB's long catch and near TD. They did what they were asked to do

WRs: (A) - They looked so much more polished than last year. I liked what I saw. BB is the real deal and I'm going to start drafting him for my FF team.

TE: (D) -Shank the Stank brings this position down. Great catch by Sauce but horrific fumble by Stank. I think he will be good this year but he puts the ball on the Turf way too much. Someone get me E. Johnson pronto.
    Between his drops last year, fumbles this year, this guy is becoming a liability. >

Oline (A) - I didn't see much from Cook. I think he had a decent game. It's hard to watch backside
    and make a decision. However, I get to rub a few guys noses in Macs dominance this game. He simply dominated his side of the field. Great switches between him and Hutch and he kept TJ's jersey clean. Mac looked good.

DL
    (C) - Allen looked good. Williams looked poor when not double teamed. Edwards looked average. I expect more from this unit. We had more pressure than last year mostly from Allen. However, we didn't see enough to make a complete decision and that was compunded by at being out.

LBs ( B+) They flew around the field and made tackles. We kept it pretty clean tonight.

Cb (C) We are still giving up way to many wide open catches. Our Cbs need to stop getting bulliedby WRs. Fight back.

S (B) Missing M. Williams was tough. No one really stood out but we looke dpoo in pass coverage.

Special teams Shout outs:
    D. Reynuad - I told you guy he was the truth and should be on this team. The question is who goes? KR should be DR and Hicks.

My roster would be
    BB,Rice, AA, Wade, DR and Ferge or JJ ( Sorry Nance)

If I was coach I would:
    Cut Young. Too many fumbles and he didn't look that great. Stank has 1 more fumble before the pink slip comes out.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Kevoncox's Vikings VS. Seahawks Grades

Not sure what I can say. If I were AP, I would be so frustrated right now.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I saw few highlights, but that one play, Allen looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Nice initial step !!

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Stillpurple what are you talking about? why would AD be frustrated. We know we can run the ball, the entire league knows we can run the ball. The place we need to work on is our Passing game, so we passed and passed and passed some more. AD would probably rather have them throw all the time in Pre-season because then maybe teams may respect the passing game which then opens up the running game. It is pre-season, score doesn't matter, only player production (which doesn't always result in a score).

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

im sorry but all i care about right now is how TJack did, i know the D will come around, it was pre season. He did very well in my book, still has some issues and isnt perfect but we dont need him to be perfect. We just need him to not make mistakes, and he didnt.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

I haven't seen our D get whipped like that since Brady came to town in 06. The second stringers were all out of breath and looked out of shape. I know it's preseason, but they should try to look like they care. And if that's what the D looks like without PWill, we're out of contention given he is injured.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Kevon nice grading

remember, we were playing off receivers, very bland D scheme's.

how many reps did all starters get? Jared looked fast as hell, and he's gonna rock when the whole line is there.

I agree with the over grading. i will hold off on really rating the team till game #4, when we see the squad. for now i was pleased we had the passing game going fast, and effective. BB/Rice are gonna open up the game. AA and Wade will be mixed and matched and our new WR core is set.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    im sorry but all i care about right now is how TJack did, i know the D will come around, it was pre season. He did very well in my book, still has some issues and isnt perfect but we dont need him to be perfect. We just need him to not make mistakes, and he didnt.

Me too...to me that's all that mattered, and he performed.

Good analysis, Kevon.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I didn't liked the defense one bit.
    TJ looked like a seasoned veteran
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    CoachingA) - I have to hand it to Chilldress and his Offensive game plan. I think he used this as a message to the league. Had we come out and simply run, teams would assume not much has changed since last year. Instead, we came out and showed that weare much improved in the passing game. A couple more games like this and a lot of defensive co. are going to have to go back to the
    drawing board. Thtake is is exactly what I would have done. Pass, pass and pass some more. AD looks to be in mid season form lets see him in the passing game.
    Nice comments.

TJ - (B+) - Lots of great throws and movement in the pocket. I really liked what I saw from him. However, this superman has a lot of kryptonite. I have realized that TJ is exceptional out of the gun, and on play action. However, when he is asked to simply take a drop back, he looks average. Most of his poor throws tonight we from a 5 step drop back. He needs to work on this aspect of his game and hopefully the coaches call more plays that he is comfortable running( i.e Gun). He is still forcing passes into double coverage. The throw to Rice made me cringe and the play where he threw inside when the WR had position outside made me curse. TJ also seems to be streaky, when he makes a bad play, expect 3-4 more in the same drive. However, lets not dwell on that, he played great tonight.
    Nice comments in there except a couple.

He threw 11 passes.
    You got all that from 11 passes?

Its preseason.
    You will see him running plays he isn't comfortable with by design.
    The coaches want to make him do them.

CT and AD: (A) Didn't see a lot fromt hese guys but Ad had a big block down field to set up BB's long catch and near TD. They did what they were asked to do
    Very nice.

WRs: (A) - They looked so much more polished than last year. I liked what I saw. BB is the real deal and I'm going to start drafting him for my FF team.
    And you would expect that considering 2 of the primary recievers were rookies last year and 2 were in the system for the first time.

Anyone else notice what team Ferg got reps with.
    ;D
    ;D

TE: (D) -Shank the Stank brings this position down. Great catch by Sauce but horrific fumble by Stank. I think he will be good this year but he puts the ball on the Turf way too much. Someone get me E. Johnson pronto.
    Between his drops last year, fumbles this year, this guy is becoming a liability. >
    Comeon my friend.
    You know more about ball than that.
    How many times did you get out of a first scrimmage without laying it on the floor?
    Blame the repetitive times the ball hit the carpet on the lack of hitting in practice (and the coaches).
    I think Shanc will be fine much to the chagrin of several on here.
    ;D

Oline (A) - I didn't see much from Cook. I think he had a decent game. It's hard to watch backside
    and make a decision. However, I get to rub a few guys noses in Macs dominance this game. He simply dominated his side of the field. Great switches between him and Hutch and he kept TJ's jersey clean. Mac looked good.
    NFLN needs to get us film guys some coaches tape that we can access.
    ;D

Nice comments.
    OL seemed to do thier job based on thier limited gameplan.
    I would have been nice to see them punch it in from the 1 a little easier though.

DL
    (C) - Allen looked good. Williams looked poor when not double teamed. Edwards looked average. I expect more from this unit. We had more pressure than last year mostly from Allen. However, we didn't see enough to make a complete decision and that was compunded by at being out.
    JA didn't show me shit.
    He over pursued on running plays and didn't get to the QB at all.
    Fire his ass. Ohhh wait, it was pre-season.

;D

Nice comment, however, I wouldn't give the first unit DL a glowing report.
    Without Phat Pat and with Ray at LDE we are definately weaker against the run and it showed last night.

We need more tackling/hitting in practice.

LBs ( B+) They flew around the field and made tackles. We kept it pretty clean tonight.
    Agree

Cb (C) We are still giving up way to many wide open catches. Our Cbs need to stop getting bulliedby WRs. Fight back.
    I agree, however, how much of that is by design/scheme oriented.
    The QB's still had all day to survey the field and get to thier 2nd and 3rd options.

S (B) Missing M. Williams was tough. No one really stood out but we looke dpoo in pass coverage.
    I disagree.
    STJ looked to be as advertised.
    Made a hell of a nice hit in run support to jar the ball loose.

Special teams Shout outs:
    D. Reynuad - I told you guy he was the truth and should be on this team. The question is who goes? KR should be DR and Hicks

Let me see more on these guys especially when the teams start thier real ST's.

My roster would be
    BB,Rice, AA, Wade, DR and Ferge or JJ ( Sorry Nance)
    One to many.
    Gotta let one go.
    ;D

If I was coach I would:
    Cut Young. Too many fumbles and he didn't look that great. Stank has 1 more fumble before the pink slip comes out.
    ......I would go back to hitting in practice so that everyone was used to being tackled (alleviate alot of the drops/fumbles) and could tackle.
    ;D

Nice post.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast