Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Yep, agreed. My point is that I'd still like to see KWill return at the right price for a part time player.
    Hell yeah in that scenario! More depth in the DL rotation is always good, and he sets us up with a safety net in case Floyd doesn't step up.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Williams would not play at the nose with Joseph signed and Evens now re-signed for depth.
    Sadly, I think I agree. I was hoping to re-sign him for amazing depth at our D-Line, something we haven't had in forever. KW could be a sort of Ray Lewis figure for our dawgs, but I think his price will be too high for a leader/third down guy (which is where he would probably end up).

I just kept thinking of KW at game 16 being relatively fresh due to less downs played, and being a monster to deal with for the post season (if we light it up). It kinda give a fire to the belly thinking about it...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Not sure what the market value is for KWill or what he would accept, but he would be a nice guy to retain.

He would push Floyd (at least for a while) on start time and would more than likely make both of them better.

smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Not sure what the market value is for KWill or what he would accept, but he would be a nice guy to retain.

He would push Floyd (at least for a while) on start time and would more than likely make both of them better.
    It would be a popular move with the fans and show some loyalty from the organization. I'm not sure what the GM will do, but he shows a pattern of moving on from older players.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    It would be a popular move with the fans and show some loyalty from the organization. I'm not sure what the GM will do, but he shows a pattern of moving on from older players.
    They all do; older players run out of gas faster, but cost more (since you know what you are getting when they ARE on the field). With the cap as it is, older players are the first to go.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    If he will re-sign for an amount that won't hurt our cap space, then HELL YEAH. Could really be productive in a part-time role plus mentor younger guys, plus he's a great clubhouse guy. The question is will he balk at being part-time player and at what salary?

Quote Originally Posted by keystonevike View Post
    If he will re-sign for an amount that won't hurt our cap space, then HELL YEAH. Could really be productive in a part-time role plus mentor younger guys, plus he's a great clubhouse guy. The question is will he balk at being part-time player and at what salary?
    In the end, it is up to KWill. BUT... with all the problems Allen is presently having getting signed for the price he wants, we might have a better opportunity than we though at keeping him. I think there is something worst for players like KWill and Allen than not getting paid what they think they are worth, and that is not being offered anything at all.

Renrut31 is offline Training Camp
    Melton signed with Cowboys...may open door for KWill.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I think the Vikes will bring K-Will back. He wants to retire a Viking, and I think he will accept a team friendly contract to do so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12