Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Or we could have the cap space to sign the draft picks this year something close to a dozen teams could have some problems with
    Not sure if I said this but paying our 17 million dollar man the 10 million he is worth might free up another 7

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Not sure if I said this but paying our 17 million dollar man the 10 million he is worth might free up another 7
    I think you've mentioned it once or twice

I'm sure that idea has never occurred to them. Unfortunately it takes two parties to make it work. You could always cut him and free up $14.5M of cap space ($2.5m is dead money).

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

I'm sure that idea has never occurred to them. Unfortunately it takes two parties to make it work. You could always cut him and free up $14.5M of cap space ($2.5m is dead money).
    I doubt Allen, face of the franchise, is against getting more guaranteed money and a chance to finish his career in Minn.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I doubt Allen, face of the franchise, is against getting more guaranteed money and a chance to finish his career in Minn.
    I think that AD might take issue with the notion that Jared Allen is the face of the franchise.

And I also think that Allen knows that he could easily hit free agency next year and still make top 5 DE money. So there is little motivation for him to take a $7m pay cut this year just so he can get a contract with a little more contractually guaranteed money with the Vikings over a few more years.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but stop acting like JA should be drooling over a possible contract renegotiation. This armchair GMing is getting ridiculous.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Let's just say Jared Allen is the face of the defense. I think we can all agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I think that AD might take issue with the notion that Jared Allen is the face of the franchise.

And I also think that Allen knows that he could easily hit free agency next year and still make top 5 DE money. So there is little motivation for him to take a $7m pay cut this year just so he can get a contract with a little more contractually guaranteed money with the Vikings over a few more years.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but stop acting like JA should be drooling over a possible contract renegotiation. This armchair GMing is getting ridiculous.
    I think it all depends on the offer we give him.
    You are on a fan message board...asking to stop armchair - Qbing, Coaching, GMing, is like asking water not to be wet. You should find a more productive site for your time then sir.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think it all depends on the offer we give him.
    You are on a fan message board...asking to stop armchair - Qbing, Coaching, GMing, is like asking water not to be wet. You should find a more productive site for your time then sir.
    Point taken and conceded on both accounts.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

I expect him to be gone next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I expect him to be gone next year.
    If he wants more than 12....Then yes. However, a deal that averages 12 for him is reasonable.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Now Spielman can add 2 or 3 more castaways from other NFL teams and/or from arena football or basketball in his quest to find that diamond in the ruff.
    Here is a guy for you to keep your eye on as a non football Spielman guy Lawrence Okoye

Less than nine months ago, Lawrence Okoye was hurling the discus in the Olympic final; now he plans to launch a trailblazing new career as a dominant force in the NFL
    LINK

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast