Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Wished it happened earlier. Maybe you pay Winny and him about the same, target DJ Williams.
    My biggest issue now is... JA contract is monstrous that and we have no one on the Dline under contract except Guion. I hope we don't let these guys hit FA and hope we get them all back.
    My thoughts also. I hope they have a long term plan for this. No way we are drafting an entire Dline next year. Jareds contract coming up will free up a lot of money, but may be at the cost of being able to keep him.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    My thoughts also. I hope they have a long term plan for this. No way we are drafting an entire Dline next year. Jareds contract coming up will free up a lot of money, but may be at the cost of being able to keep him.
    Fred Evans is a 2014 FA as well along with Robison, JA & K-Will.

Griffen could easily be a full-time starter to go along with Guion if they keep Guion, but not sure about Ballard, Reed, Baker or Johnson.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I'd say its a very good possibility that Jared Allen and KWill are both gone at this time next year. That said, there is also a decent chance that we let them test the market, and get an oppurtunity to match or beat current offers. As we've seen in this free agency, teams don't have a lot of extra cap room anymore and not nearly as many vets are getting the mega deals they used to.

I'm guessing we resign Robison and E. Griffen as starters, keep Guion, and draft an early DT this year to start grooming as KWill's eventual replacement.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Gawd I hope not mountainvike. If we let them test the market they will be gone to a team that has a shot at the super bowl. Just like Matt Birk, Harvin, Winfield, et al.

WWBGD

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I sure hope there is some kind of plan in place that we don't know about or haven't thought of .... would suck for sure if we loose them all.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I am pretty sure the FO is just winging it as they muddle around dazed and confused about the process hoping nobody notices they are in over their heads.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I am pretty sure the FO is just winging it as they muddle around dazed and confused about the process hoping nobody notices they are in over their heads.
    Sounds about right. Again we are the team that got skipped on draft day two years straight.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Kevin Williams reworks deal, will be free agent after 2013 season

Spielman did that?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Spielman did that?
    Never said he did... However, it does point out that it's not unheard of that ineptitude can abound in a FO. Look at the Cleveland Browns.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Now Spielman can add 2 or 3 more castaways from other NFL teams and/or from arena football or basketball in his quest to find that diamond in the ruff.
    Or we could have the cap space to sign the draft picks this year something close to a dozen teams could have some problems with

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast