Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Kevin Williams pleads guilty!

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Stupid beeyatch's!!!
    I see you got Whizzinator out of your sig.. :lol:
    Yeah, we were gonna fine VKG $1000 if he didn't remove it.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

arent they still together?
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingFanEric" wrote:
    Good news today...Hopefully this will lift the burden off of KWill's mind, and great news about charges being dropped for McKinnie and Johnson.
    They never really had much on McKinnie and Johnson in the 1st place. From what I read, several witnesses said some beeyatch at the gas station instigated it all.
    From the San Jose Mercury News;

Posted on Tue, Oct. 25, 2005

Three Vikings settle legal affairs

BY SEAN JENSEN

Knight Ridder Newspapers

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Three Vikings players resolved legal issues Tuesday.

Offensive linemen Bryant McKinnie and Marcus Johnson had two charges (disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process) from a Sept. 26 incident dropped, while defensive tackle Kevin Williams had a charge of domestic abuse dismissed and he entered a no-contest plea to a disorderly conduct charge, without an admission of guilt, according to attorney Joe Tamburino.

Williams originally was charged with fifth-degree domestic assault for an Aug. 28 incident at his home involving his wife, Tasha. Williams will be sentenced in November. He will be subject to a $1,000 fine, and a judge could require him to attend anger management classes. After one year, the disorderly conduct charge will be vacated and dismissed.

"I thought this was a fair resolution," said Tamburino, of the Minneapolis-based Caplan Law Firm PA.

McKinnie and Johnson were charged Sept. 26 after police said the two Vikings refused to leave Bobby and Steve's Auto World, 1221 Washington Ave. S., a gas station and deli near downtown Minneapolis. Police were called after an altercation between patrons broke out.

"He should never have been charged," Tamburino said of McKinnie, his client. "I appreciate the City Attorney's Office looking at the evidence and determining they should not proceed with the charges."
    Lester Bagley, the Vikings' vice president of public affairs and stadium development, said the team was satisfied with the resolution.

"This is why you have to let the investigations run their course," he said. "It's too bad these two guys got a bunch of bad publicity and didn't do anything wrong."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Stupid beeyatch's!!!
    I see you got Whizzinator out of your sig.. :lol:
    Yeah, we were gonna fine VKG $1000 if he didn't remove it.

Thank you even more SIA!! I couldn't afford that fine!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NFL will see if discipline is warranted for Kevin Williams

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: October 25, 2005 at 9:04 PM

The Vikings' Williams pleads guilty to disorderly conduct
    The NFL will review the plea agreement of Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams to determine if discipline is warranted under the league's personal conduct policy, an NFL spokesman said Tuesday.

Williams pled guilty to one count of misdemeanor disorderly conduct stemming from an Aug. 28 argument with his wife in their Minnetonka home. NFL policy calls for anyone "convicted of or admitting to a criminal violation . . . will be subject to discipline as determined by the Commissioner. Such discipline may include a fine, suspension without pay and/or banishment from the league."

Typically, misdemeanor convictions are punished by fine rather than a suspension. Those fines usually are not announced by the league. Two years ago, Williams pled guilty to careless driving following a 2003 traffic stop for drunken driving.

Meanwhile, it is not clear whether Williams' most recent plea deal will result in further punishment from the Vikings. Owner Zygi Wilf instituted a new code of conduct Oct. 14, but it is uncertain whether it would apply to Williams' August arrest.

Wilf pays his respects

Wilf, who held season tickets to New York Giants games for 30 years before buying the Vikings, was saddened to hear of the death Tuesday of longtime Giants owner Wellington Mara. Wilf often has mentioned Mara's family-oriented team structure; Mara's son, John, is expected to assume his father's role with the Giants.

"Wellington Mara was a first-class man who exemplified the values and traditions of what is best in the NFL," Wilf said Tuesday. "He is the model for everything we hope to accomplish in building our franchise with a family tradition."

Burleson contract

Receiver Nate Burleson has begun the process of negotiating his next contract.

Burleson's current deal expires after this season but he would qualify only for restricted free agency this winter, meaning the Vikings could match any offer. One of his agents, Jack Scharf, attended Sunday's game against Green Bay and met briefly with Dave Blando, the Vikings' director of football administration.

Scharf said he made a preliminary proposal for an extension but that "the discussion is being shelved . . . at the request of the Minnesota Vikings."

Rob Brzezinski, the Vikings vice president of football operations, had no comment.

"Nate Burleson is focused on contributing to the Minnesota Vikings this season and looks forward to testing the restricted free-agency waters after the conclusion of the season," Scharf said.

Etc.

• The Vikings signed three players to their practice squad: Wide receiver Jason Anderson, defensive end Elton Patterson and defensive end Eric Taylor. The Vikings released defensive ends Earl Cochran and Eric Coleman. Linebacker Heath Farwell, promoted last week from the practice squad, will remain on the active roster.

• The Vikings worked out offensive lineman Marc Colombo but did not sign him.

• Daunte Culpepper has been nominated for the FedEx NFL Express Player of the Week. If Culpepper wins an online vote at fedexfootball.com, FedEx will donate $5,000 to Fairview University Children's Hospital.

Staff Writer Judd Zulgad contributed to this report.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

They better not suspend him (the NFL that is). Otherwise they are going to have to go back and suspend every other player that has done this exact same thing!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

They better not suspend him (the NFL that is). Otherwise they are going to have to go back and suspend every other player that has done this exact same thing!
    Typically, misdemeanor convictions are punished by fine rather than a suspension. Those fines usually are not announced by the league.
    He'll just get a fine from the NFL.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I think the worst that will happen will be a fine....

I can't see them suspending him over this..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    How does he have a lead on you? You have about 80 more posts or so.
    when i made that post he was up about 20 posts

Go vikes!!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

oo no one thousand dollars. that means nothing to these uys, big deal.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast