singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Kevin Williams: No regrets

From an article posted on Wed, Jan. 18, 2006

Search continues for personnel man

BY DON SEEHOLZER and SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/13649263.htm

[size=18px]No regrets[/size]

Kevin Williams was an all-pro defensive tackle in 2004 after a brilliant first two seasons. There were no accolades this season, but Williams still considered it a success.

"It might have been disappointing to you guys, but it wasn't a disappointing season," Williams said. "You can't just judge a season off of sacks. I had just as many tackles as last year. If I didn't have a double-digit sack season, does that not make it a success?"

Although he missed two games because of a knee injury, Williams finished with 69 tackles, four sacks and a team-high 20 quarterback hurries. In 2004, Williams had 98 tackles, 11.5 sacks and 20 quarterback hurries. In 2003, he had 10.5 sacks, 56 tackles and 19 quarterback hurries.

"It wasn't as flashy as the other two," Williams said of his 2005 season. "But I feel I had a pretty good year."

Williams also said he enjoyed playing alongside nose tackle Pat Williams. As for next season, Kevin Williams doesn't care what scheme the Vikings use.

"Whatever they put us in, me and Pat are going to handle our business," he said.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kevin Williams: No regrets

I think he's gonna have an awesome season next year, possibly his best yet. We get Udeze back and Eras's rookie year is over. With them four going at it K Will will see plenty of one on one's and take advantage. Plus he won't be out of shape like he was part of the year. No knee surgery this off season.

zimtwister is offline Coach

i like his attitude!
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

SamDawg84 Guest

man im sooooooo glad we have kevin and pat. they are basicly our whole d fenceive line

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

He will be a monster next year. He should be 100% at the beginning of the year. I don't know if he ever really was last year but it doesn't matter because like he said, next year he and Pat will handle their business.

[color=red]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He's good, even in a subpar year. Do people really expect a DT to get 10+ sacks every year? I guess that would be nice, but I'll take what he's done over his career so far!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    From an article posted on Wed, Jan. 18, 2006

Search continues for personnel man

BY DON SEEHOLZER and SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/13649263.htm

[size=18px]No regrets[/size]

Kevin Williams was an all-pro defensive tackle in 2004 after a brilliant first two seasons. There were no accolades this season, but Williams still considered it a success.

"It might have been disappointing to you guys, but it wasn't a disappointing season," Williams said. "You can't just judge a season off of sacks. I had just as many tackles as last year. If I didn't have a double-digit sack season, does that not make it a success?"

Although he missed two games because of a knee injury, Williams finished with 69 tackles, four sacks and a team-high 20 quarterback hurries. In 2004, Williams had 98 tackles, 11.5 sacks and 20 quarterback hurries. In 2003, he had 10.5 sacks, 56 tackles and 19 quarterback hurries.

"It wasn't as flashy as the other two," Williams said of his 2005 season. "But I feel I had a pretty good year."

Williams also said he enjoyed playing alongside nose tackle Pat Williams. As for next season, Kevin Williams doesn't care what scheme the Vikings use.

"Whatever they put us in, me and Pat are going to handle our business," he said.
    WURD

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

Kevin Williams is definetaly the Future of NFL D Linemen all rookie D linemen should model themselves after him

SamDawg84 Guest

i cant wait to see a healthy kevin destroy the packers along with fat pat!!! its goin to be sooooooo awesome!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The D will only get better next year now that Cottrell is gone IMO. I think KW will have a pro bowl year next year and Fat Pat as well.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast