Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

Williams had a 500% increase in sack production from 2010 to 2011, while against the trend of the past five years, or so, his numbers are on the rise.
    Let's not forget, like Marrdro did that K-Will was suspended for the first 2 games of the season last year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Let's not forget, like Marrdro did that K-Will was suspended for the first 2 games of the season last year.
    Why do you think I forgot that? Truth is I didn't, just like I didn't forget he played hurt most of the season.

My point is that he isn't getting better, he is getting worse, unless of course the only thing you want to track is "Sacks".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Gotta say I'm with Mar here. Williams has faded the past couple seasons, and moving him NOW - while he still has value - would be a smart move...which is why we won't.

As for the headline, geez, going all out in a contract year? Who'd a thunk it?

For my money it's time to rethink the D-Line and bring in some fresh blood to the middle.

Caine

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't mind seeing him stay a viking for the right price. I wouldn't think he would demand alot of money since he was already paid nicely once for his services. On the other hand moving him now could possibly bring in some good younger talent, but that all depends on how other teams value him. What could the Vikings get for KWill via trade vs what it would cost to resign him? That is going to be the million dollar question this season.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Gotta say I'm with Mar here. Williams has faded the past couple seasons, and moving him NOW - while he still has value - would be a smart move...which is why we won't.

For my money it's time to rethink the D-Line and bring in some fresh blood to the middle.

Caine
    It's too late. He has too little production and too big of a contract to move. Unless he has a big year and accepts a marginal extension, his future with the Vikings seems tenuous.
    The Vikings may want to start looking at JA in the same light before it is too late as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

Caine
    Couple times we've agreed lately. Things must be getting back to normal on PPO.

One thing though, we've been bringing in fresh blood, problem is, they aren't the right kindof guy.

I think Guion was a great pick to replace K-dubb and this is the year he should show if he can handle it. The should have drafted a guy to replace Phat Pat and he should already be in place.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Couple times we've agreed lately. Things must be getting back to normal on PPO.

One thing though, we've been bringing in fresh blood, problem is, they aren't the right kindof guy.

I think Guion was a great pick to replace K-dubb and this is the year he should show if he can handle it. The should have drafted a guy to replace Phat Pat and he should already be in place.
    So many needs. So few draft picks.
    Ol Ricky will take care of that one after this season.
    We are finally getting into a position with the cap where we may be able to pick up a good free agent or two next year. I really liked the method they used to follow, picking up a good player coming off his rookie contract. It worked well with Pat, Antoine, Jared, Hutch. Maybe a draw with Shianco. Not so well with Bernard, but that was a bad year to be looking for a #1 receiver. We have been hamstrung for two years in FA. Maybe we will be able to get back in that game.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    It's too late. He has too little production and too big of a contract to move. Unless he has a big year and accepts a marginal extension, his future with the Vikings seems tenuous.
    The Vikings may want to start looking at JA in the same light before it is too late as well.
    12/23/2006: Signed a five-year, $33.24 million contract. The deal includes $16 million guaranteed. 2012: $7 million, 2013-2014: $7 million (+ $500,000 workout bonuses), 2015: Free Agent
    Minnesota Vikings - NFL Team Contracts - Rotoworld.com

I guess his number is a bit high. I would think that if a trade was set up, the team gaining K-dubb would work with his agent to do something for 3 years so assumption on my part the last of this contract wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    So many needs. So few draft picks.
    Ol Ricky will take care of that one after this season.
    We are finally getting into a position with the cap where we may be able to pick up a good free agent or two next year. I really liked the method they used to follow, picking up a good player coming off his rookie contract. It worked well with Pat, Antoine, Jared, Hutch. Maybe a draw with Shianco. Not so well with Bernard, but that was a bad year to be looking for a #1 receiver. We have been hamstrung for two years in FA. Maybe we will be able to get back in that game.
    Good stuff my friend.

I think I asked you in another thread, who/what contracts are hurting us right now. Bryzcheapski, for all the stuff I've hacked on him for, did a good job of keeping us out of CAP hell.

I'm not so sure we see many FA's signed even going into next year. I think they will go ahead and keep doing the "Build through the draft" process like we were doing in 06 and 07, see how those guys work out and then, (like you said) plug holes with cats coming off their first contract.

Again, that was what was working in 06 and 07 and to some extent, 08.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Good stuff my friend.

I think I asked you in another thread, who/what contracts are hurting us right now. Bryzcheapski, for all the stuff I've hacked on him for, did a good job of keeping us out of CAP hell.

I'm not so sure we see many FA's signed even going into next year. I think they will go ahead and keep doing the "Build through the draft" process like we were doing in 06 and 07, see how those guys work out and then, (like you said) plug holes with cats coming off their first contract.

Again, that was what was working in 06 and 07 and to some extent, 08.
    We are now in a better position than we have been. The uncapped year F'd us as we did not lose any high priced free agents and were only allowed to spend what we lost as were the other 3 teams in the championship games the year prior. I seem to remember we were not sitting too pretty anyway that year under the cap. Last year we were near the bottom of the league in cap space when free agency hit limiting what we could do. Losing Pat, Shianc, Hutch has created some room. Brett and Bernard before them. There are probably a few I am forgetting. We did resign AD and Chad to some pretty big money, but we are going in the right direction in regards to the cap.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast