Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ElBarto is offline Starter

Kevin Williams to Defensive End.....and i love it

Tice at press conference on 3/3

Q: Do you see the line as Williams, Williams, Udeze, Scott?

A: Absolutely. Doesn't it sound good with Spencer Johnson and Kenny Mixon as backups, and then whoever else we find in the draft or free agency or whatever. In 2002, go back and check your notes in maybe one of my first press conferences, besides moving Jimmy (Kleinsasser) to tight end, I talked about we wanted to build our defensive team from the front back. We've come a long way over three years with the help of Rob and Scott Studwell and his staff, and Paul Wiggin and his staff, of trying to make that one of the strengths of not just our defensive football team, but of our football team. Right now coming back from the combine and talking to peers, which we do when we're at the combine and at the Senior Bowl, they like the same thing I like. They like our defensive front, and that was before adding Pat Williams. Now you add a Pat Williams, I wonder what my peers are saying? We have a very formidable, athletic, defensive front and it got better today. That's exciting to me.
    So unless he was planning or playing Udeze or Scott at DT this Williams talk is crazy. We moved him from DE and he started to rip it up, why break up the Venus and Serena partnership before it begins??
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

Sprewell27 is offline Rookie

"Mixon will return

Defensive end Kenny Mixon, penciled in as a backup this season, has accepted a pay reduction rather than force his release.

According to Players Association documents, the Vikings lowered Mixon's 2005 base salary from $3.8 million to $750,000. They also voided the final year of the deal; he was scheduled to be paid $4.6 million in 2006.

It is believed Mixon can recoup some of his pay loss through incentives. Darrion Scott and Kenechi Udeze are expected to start at defensive end.

Etc.

• Cottrell said the Vikings have no interest in switching to a 3-4 defense and will stick with the 4-3."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5283642.html

slowlow is offline Rookie

why would you put kev williams and DE he is our best D player besides i think mixon and udeze got the job covered

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Kevin Williams to Defensive End.....and i love it

"insomniac" wrote:
    Vikings | Williams to Play DE Position
    Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:24:23 -0800

Vikings.com reports Minnesota Vikings DE Kevin Williams will play the defensive end position next season, according to vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.

Vikings | Harris to Play SAM Position
    Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:17:56 -0800

Vikings.com reports Minnesota Vikings LB Napoleon Harris will play the SAM linebacker position next season, according to vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.

i think thats a great move... with those corners he is gonna cause havoc...20 sacks next year..better then peppers

He's not playing DE next year people, Tice has already said he is playing DT, next to Pat, in a 4-3. Cottrell also said today, that he isn't gonna use the 3-4 next year. Are starting D line is scott, williams, williams and udeze.

zakvikes2k is offline Starter

That's right, Williams and Williams side by side is going to be great. I can't wait to see them together. If they moved K-Will to the outside he wouldn't have the double team taken away from that P-Will creates.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12