Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Kevin Williams can do it all, and maybe even on offense

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/12521701.html
    [size=12pt]The All-Pro defensive tackle is a superb athlete with a nose for the end zone. So why isn't he used in short-yardage situations at the goal line?[/size]

The national crusade to get Adrian Peterson the ball more was such a smashing success, perhaps it's now time to speak up on behalf of another Vikings top-10 draft pick with power, top-end speed at his position and a rare nose for the end zone.

"Kevin Williams? On offense?" said linebacker Chad Greenway, letting the thought sink in for a second. "He's a pretty good athlete, but I don't know if I'd throw him the ball consistently. But I suppose down on the goal line, he'd be tough to stop at tight end. Or maybe fullback."

Hey, why not?...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Kevin Williams can do it all, and maybe even on offense

Boy I am not much for putting playmakers on other plays because of situations like Greenways deal last year, i get scared about thinking about that. A very nice thought but with our luck!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=12pt]The All-Pro defensive tackle is a superb athlete with a nose for the end zone. So why isn't he used in short-yardage situations at the goal line?[/size]

The national crusade to get Adrian Peterson the ball more was such a smashing success, perhaps it's now time to speak up on behalf of another Vikings top-10 draft pick with power, top-end speed at his position and a rare nose for the end zone.

"Kevin Williams? On offense?" said linebacker Chad Greenway, letting the thought sink in for a second. "He's a pretty good athlete, but I don't know if I'd throw him the ball consistently. But I suppose down on the goal line, he'd be tough to stop at tight end. Or maybe fullback."

Hey, why not?...
    Atleast he wasn't hanging out with Pat Williams.
    Puff Puff Pass!
    :-X

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I thought that article had some good laughs in it but at the same time some serious thoughts.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Kevin Williams is a good athlete. Using him as a TE like the Patriots use Vrabel makes sense.

The problem I see is that KWill tends to get gassed running down the field. We need him on D more than on offense. If he can handle both, though, why not?

Just don't have KWill block as a TE. Always send him out on a pass route. That's the best way to avoid injury to KWill.

Go Vikings!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Kevin Williams is a good athlete. Using him as a TE like the Patriots use Vrabel makes sense.

The problem I see is that KWill tends to get gassed running down the field. We need him on D more than on offense. If he can handle both, though, why not?

Just don't have KWill block as a TE. Always send him out on a pass route. That's the best way to avoid injury to KWill.
    He doesn't get gassed from running down the field.

He gets gassed from playing an entire defensive series, then running down the field.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

It'd be a good trick to send him out there.
    Biggest decoy ever.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i say we bring henderson in!!!!

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Hey, why not?...
    Why don't we put him in at WR?

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Why?
    As far as big men on offense go, Tony Richardson suits us just fine.
    We still have Jim Kleinsasser, too, last time I checked.
    Our offensive line knows how to do its job.
    Why on Earth should we put someone in on offense based on their playmaking ability on defense?
    Hell, based on that argument, why not put E.J. Henderson in at quarterback?

As much as I love Kevin Williams, I don't see even the vaguest semblance of logic in this.
    I've never bought into the whole "Refrigerator Perry" concept.
    Success making plays on defense does not translate into making plays on offense.
    They're two different things.
    Unless you can teach him to run block, I say let him to continue to do what he's paid to do.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast