Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Kevin Williams: The beast within

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1
    Kevin Williams lets his dominant play — and his teammates, coaches and foes — speak for him as he puts together a hall of fame career
    He is the Vikings' most unassuming star, gladly leaving the commercials and the sound bites to teammates while quietly piecing together hall of fame credentials.

'They don't need to know too much about me,' defensive tackle Kevin Williams says of football fans. 'Just that on Sundays, you're going to get my best effort, and usually it stands out.'

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Kevin Williams: The beast within

[size=18pt]Dirty work just fine for other Williams[/size]

http://www.twincities.com/ci_13369531

Pat Williams could have played out his three-year, $13 million contract with the Vikings in 2007 and commanded more lucrative contracts elsewhere.

But Williams opted to re-sign with the Vikings because of their defense and fellow defensive tackle Kevin Williams.

"All money ain't good money," Williams said.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Pat is the shit

Thanks for the hometown discount!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Nice thread, thanks for a good read.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Staying for less money says more about a guy than a thousand word write up, Lets all pray AP feels the same when his contract needs to be renegotiated, I have to agree that this year does have a special feel, good team chemistry, An experienced QB-(with no int's yet).
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Kuukkis is offline Training Camp

A very nice read, thanks. Let's hope Pat & Kevin never leave Vikes.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

i hope that too.. these two are probably the most underrated DTs in the game. They never get the hype that seymour (when he was in NE) or other pro bowl caliber DTs get.

With that being said, I hate to mention it, but Pats playing time is almost done; meaning we might have to invest a first round draft pick in a DT in the next couple of years. I want to think of our schedule, one game at a time, but more than likely we will make the playoffs this year. so we are prob expecting a draft pick around the same we had last year, if not a lil earlier or a lil later. That is a good spot to invest in a future DT that can play with Kev until he retires.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Sajid28" wrote:
    i hope that too.. these two are probably the most underrated DTs in the game. They never get the hype that seymour (when he was in NE) or other pro bowl caliber DTs get.

With that being said, I hate to mention it, but Pats playing time is almost done; meaning we might have to invest a first round draft pick in a DT in the next couple of years. I want to think of our schedule, one game at a time, but more than likely we will make the playoffs this year. so we are prob expecting a draft pick around the same we had last year, if not a lil earlier or a lil later. That is a good spot to invest in a future DT that can play with Kev until he retires.
    Seymour is a DE.

But you are correct, they don't get the hype that other guys do. I think if you were to ask NFL players though they'd tell you who's really the best.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"Mr" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:

Seymour is a DE.

But you are correct, they don't get the hype that other guys do. I think if you were to ask NFL players though they'd tell you who's really the best.
    my bad i didnt mean seymour, i was studying, looking up stats on the oak/kc game. i meant to say haynesworth.. hes supposedly the best DT in the game. the 100 million dollar DT. he gets all the hype.

but found this pretty good article..

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...-tackles_N.htm

guess whose #1? surely pat does compliment him well and vice versa. but it sure does feel good. he lets the work on the field do the talking.