Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Williams

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Kevin Williams

It seems the age of the DT dominating is over. Everybody is more caught-up in LB's and hard-hitting Safties.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Kevin Williams

strongly agree!..u hear absolutely nothing about him during the season or after it..he was absoltuely dominant for the last 2 years..i was suprised that they actually gave him a probowl spot, so at least he got his due credit there, but i definintely think he deserves to be mentioned with the ELITE defensive linemen of the nfl
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Kevin Williams

I don't get why people think our players don't get the respect they deseve. He started in the pro bowl. I hear talk about him. Maybe if he ran over a cop, mooned some fans, ans sqirted an offical you'd hear his name more. If you don't make a lot of noise you are going to get as noticed. Is this really something to be concerned about? Look at new england.

Kevin Williams

I don't mind. We'll just fly under the radar and WHAM!!! Super Bowl champs! :salute:

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Kevin Williams

Not only did he get a pro bowl spot,But I believe he ended up being all-pro too.At least I,m pretty sure he did... :salute:
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Angryviking is offline Starter

Kevin Williams

It always seems like players that play for Minnesota, that are great players and deserve a lot more attention. Don't get it just cuz they play for Minnesota instead of NY or LA, it really makes me mad that it isn't until a player has preformed great 2-3 yrs in a row in Minnesota before someone starts talking bout them, but in NY and LA anybody who has one good season gets talked about. that's just how it seems to me
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

Kevin Williams

kevin williams and jenkins from carolina are the best 2 def tackles in the entire league. i think williams is the best; i wish we had another player that could play like him. atleast hovan is gone he wasn't 1/3 of kevins skill.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Kevin Williams

"Paulbedy59" wrote:
    Not only did he get a pro bowl spot,But I believe he ended up being all-pro too.At least I,m pretty sure he did... :salute:
    Yes he did. If wanyone really thinks he doesn't get respect, they don't pay attention to football.

I think people are confusing "not getting respect", with "not getting in the media". You get respect by your play, you get in the media by getting arrested, squirting officals, walking off the field early, ect.

Kevin Williams is well respected.

Kevin Williams

NFL 2004 All-Pro link

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2005-01-06-all-pro-roster_x.htm

I wonder why the 2nd team QB was left vacant? Guess they did not want to give DC his props!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Kevin Williams

"briboy75" wrote:
    "Paulbedy59" wrote:
    Yes he did. If wanyone really thinks he doesn't get respect, they don't pay attention to football.

I think people are confusing "not getting respect", with "not getting in the media". You get respect by your play, you get in the media by getting arrested, squirting officals, walking off the field early, ect.

Kevin Williams is well respected.
    I think you are right Briboy, but I think the thread was respect = media coverage. He is not a Warren Sapp like player that gets and looks for tons of Media. But he does get respect. The anouncers alway gave him props during the game. He just doesn't get the news print coveragecause he hasn't been around long enough and hasn't made a lasting impression just yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast