Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kenechi Udeze - 'Football isn't going anywhere'

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the updates my friends.

Sounds like Keneche has not only a great brother, but a damn smart one as well.

Barnes left the family's Los Angeles home when he was 15 after winning a scholarship to attend high school in Appleton, Wis. He later moved on to law school at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn., and ironically was working as a Twin Cities attorney when the Vikings selected Udeze in the first round of the 2004 draft.
    Have I said how much class our new Ownership group has or how much I like them lately? : ;D

The Vikings placed Udeze on the reserve/non-football injury list in May but pledged to pay his 2008 base salary of $807,500 regardless. That gesture will allow Udeze, his wife, Terrica, and daughter, Bailey (who's seven months old), to continue living in the Twin Cities while Udeze recovers from the transplant procedure and begins his football comeback.

Hmmm, I think you have, and I totally agree...I called in to the Sirius Blitz on Friday and said that very thing. How proud we should all be of the Vikings owners and management, stressing character, with so many of our players involved in numerous charities, building playgrounds for kids...especially in light of all the publicity given to the negative aspects of the game.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Sounds like Keneche has not only a great brother, but a gol 'darnit smart one as well.

Barnes left the family's Los Angeles home when he was 15 after winning a scholarship to attend high school in Appleton, Wis. He later moved on to law school at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn., and ironically was working as a Twin Cities attorney when the Vikings selected Udeze in the first round of the 2004 draft.
    Have I said how much class our new Ownership group has or how much I like them lately? : ;D

The Vikings placed Udeze on the reserve/non-football injury list in May but pledged to pay his 2008 base salary of $807,500 regardless. That gesture will allow Udeze, his wife, Terrica, and daughter, Bailey (who's seven months old), to continue living in the Twin Cities while Udeze recovers from the transplant procedure and begins his football comeback.

Hmmm, I think you have, and I totally agree...I called in to the Sirius Blitz on Friday and said that very thing. How proud we should all be of the Vikings owners and management, stressing character, with so many of our players involved in numerous charities, building playgrounds for kids...especially in light of all the publicity given to the negative aspects of the game.
    I missed your call.
    Damn.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Sounds like Keneche has not only a great brother, but a gol 'darnit smart one as well.

I missed your call.
    Damn.

;D

I was going to mention PP.o, but couldn't fit it in without being a shameless unorthodox plug. Maybe next time. ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Salary guarantee is real welcome relief for stricken Udeze[/size]

The Vikings defensive end caught a big break by being placed on the non-football illness list with pay.

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: July 2, 2008 - 12:33 AM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the update my freind.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Ailing Viking Udeze set for transplant[/size]

July 2, 2008, 1:38PM

Brother to donate marrow in bid to save 25-year-old lineman

By JUDD ZULGAD
    Star-Tribune

MINNEAPOLIS — The day was like many others during Kenechi Udeze's childhood.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Ailing Viking Udeze set for transplant[/size]

July 2, 2008, 1:38PM

Brother to donate marrow in bid to save 25-year-old lineman

By JUDD ZULGAD
    Star-Tribune

MINNEAPOLIS — The day was like many others during Kenechi Udeze's childhood.....

Thanks for the update, singer.

He (Barnes) attended the University of St. Thomas and graduated from law school at the University of Minnesota. When Udeze was selected by the Vikings in the first round of the 2004 draft, Barnes was living in the Twin Cities and helped negotiate his brother's contract.

Ironic how both men have Minnesota in common.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12