Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kenechi udeze

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

kenechi udeze

Michael Bennet was interviewed on the radio Thursday morning. He played pickup basketball with Udeze, and couldn't believe his athletic ability. Bennet said something like, "He jumped right out of the stadium".

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

kenechi udeze

I have seen several reports compare Udeze to Michael Strahan or say he has the potential to match him. I have not seen many reports say that about the top ranked DEs in past drafts. Most people seem to agree he could become one of the best in the league if he stays healthy. I think he will also benefit from being on a line that already has so much talent.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

kenechi udeze

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I think (who cares right) that Kenechi will start after the 2nd game, hewill beOK the first half of the season as he learns the pro game. In the second half of the season, he starts to shine and he becomes a disruptive force upfront. With him and Kevin Smith the line is going to be better than we have seen since the late 80's.

Kevin smith??? I think you mean kevin williams. We have a very talented D-line this year, which should help him out some. Last year, our d-line wasn't as strong, yet kevin williams had a great year, which says something about how good he really is. I don't see udeze having a year as good as kevin williams last year. D-lineman just don't come in and have that kind of year very often, with some exceptions like peppers, kearse, and williams. I do see udeze as an awesome DE in this league, but he will struggle some this season. He probably won't be real consistent, probably have some great games and some where he doesn't do much, but this is expected from a rookie d-lineman. I think he will shine in his 2nd year and never look back. You want to know what rookie will be dominant this season for the vikes, look no further than dontarrious thomas.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

kenechi udeze

Kevin Smith makes awesome movies

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

kenechi udeze

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Kevin Smith makes awesome movies

Is that the jay and silent bob guy? That movie was awesome.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

kenechi udeze

yep

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

kenechi udeze

Remember the first season is pretty much a learning experience in the NFL so as long as he does not get blown off the line i think it will be a good year. Remember Hovan's first season? While he did not move anybody back neither did he get moved! It was Hovan,s second year in the second half of the season he started to dominate, that is why he get's doubled up so much. With Williams and Udeze if teams double up on Hovan the other two should make them pay! I AM SO READY FOR THIS SEASON TO BEGIN!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

kenechi udeze

i think it's gonna depend on wether he can beat the single blocking. williams and hovan are going to draw the doubles for the first half of the season, which will leave him single covered. he should be able to at least get preasure on the qb and also shed single blocks in the run game.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

kenechi udeze

I heard from one of the vikings being interviewed on the fan ( don't remember who though) anyway he compared him to Simeon Rice. With his size and speed he will demand attention right away. That alone will take pressure off of Williams and Hovan. Unless he absolutely gets manhandled one on one he should be a difference maker right away.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

kenechi udeze

Btw, anyone see the draft right before we drafted udeze??? I dont mean to go offtopic but oh well, anyway it showed some viking fans pointing to a guys watch and saying hurry up tice!

i guess tice made a good decision.

Anyone see that part??? Was very funny. :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast