Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kelly to be Released?

Looks like we have another unhappy CB who wants out...

According to an article on the Viking Update site today:

Head coach Mike Tice said at the Vikings' charity golf tournament Thursday that Eric Kelly was upset because Rushen Jones was given some reps ahead of him on Tuesday. Tice said if Kelly does not want to compete for a job, then he needs to find another team, but there is a possibility Kelly will return for practice Monday morning after a weekend of contemplating his situation. Kelly was still on Thursday's updated roster.

If he's gonna throw a fit because he doesn't want to compete with another player for his position, I say let the big baby go play elsewhere.
    Even babies know the difference.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Kelly to be Released?

No kidding!! Athletes are the biggest babies! Just go out and EARN your spot and your damn money like the rest of us!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Kelly to be Released?

I think kelly will realize that there will not be a lot of interest in him. he will not start anywhere. His agent threw it out there that he was released on purpose to see what teams would contact him. Kelly will find out quickly that no one will want him for anything but a #3-#4 spot which is where he is now.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Kelly to be Released?

Thank god my favorite players don't act like this or I might have to rethink my status of viking fan. Well maybe not, but are there any players with any class on our team besides the big name players?? GEEEEEEEEEEEZ

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Kelly to be Released?

Babies, they're all babies, except for my boy Randy!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Kelly to be Released?

Kelly is not exactly what I call a playmaker.
    I guess he knows this and is scared he can't
    beat the competition so C-YA pal.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Kelly to be Released?

Personally, I think Tice should stick to his guns and use Kelly as an example. Let him go. In his public statement he said he was gonna release the guy. Don't let him come groveling back. These types of players need not poison our team any further. Tice needs to start rebuilding our team's self respect and start toughening some of these kids up. The team should come first not Eric Kelly's fragile ego.

Go Vikes!!!
    Even babies know the difference.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Kelly to be Released?

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Personally, I think Tice should stick to his guns and use Kelly as an example. Let him go. In his public statement he said he was gonna release the guy. Don't let him come groveling back. These types of players need not poison our team any further. Tice needs to start rebuilding our team's self respect and start toughening some of these kids up. The team should come first not Eric Kelly's fragile ego.

Go Vikes!!!
    Actually tice said that he won't let his #4 CB go, and he also said that "IF" he won't compete "then" he'll send him packing
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Kelly to be Released?

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    I think kelly will realize that there will not be a lot of interest in him. he will not start anywhere. His agent threw it out there that he was released on purpose to see what teams would contact him. Kelly will find out quickly that no one will want him for anything but a #3-#4 spot which is where he is now.
    Not to defend him, but Kelly isn't slated to "start" at all. In my mind, he is competing for the dime back (#4) CB slot. By giving Rushen Jones the reps, Tice was sending a message to Kelly that he may be slipping to #5 on the Vikings.

That said, Tice is absolutely correct in saying that Kelly (or for that matter, everyone on the team) must compete for their position. Even though some guys are mortal locks (Moss), it doesn't mean they can play like crap and expect to remain in their spot. Frankly, I hope Kelly returns to the Vikings on Monday with fire in his belly and the determination to show that he is the 4th or 3rd best CB on the team (if not even better than 3rd). It took awhile for the Vikings to re-sign Kelly, as he was a restricted free agent but no other teams were willing to give the Vikings a 3rd or 4th round pick (whatever he was drafted at) as compensation. Kelly could very well wind up being a #3 or #4 CB on another team right now, but I think Ken Irvin is easily the 3rd best CB on the Vikings. Kelly has to prove he is better than Jones, Mays, and whoever else they have in camp.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Kelly to be Released?

"purplepat" wrote:
    "bigdogbovy" wrote:
    Not to defend him, but Kelly isn't slated to "start" at all. In my mind, he is competing for the dime back (#4) CB slot. By giving Rushen Jones the reps, Tice was sending a message to Kelly that he may be slipping to #5 on the Vikings.

That said, Tice is absolutely correct in saying that Kelly (or for that matter, everyone on the team) must compete for their position. Even though some guys are mortal locks (Moss), it doesn't mean they can play like crap and expect to remain in their spot. Frankly, I hope Kelly returns to the Vikings on Monday with fire in his belly and the determination to show that he is the 4th or 3rd best CB on the team (if not even better than 3rd). It took awhile for the Vikings to re-sign Kelly, as he was a restricted free agent but no other teams were willing to give the Vikings a 3rd or 4th round pick (whatever he was drafted at) as compensation. Kelly could very well wind up being a #3 or #4 CB on another team right now, but I think Ken Irvin is easily the 3rd best CB on the Vikings. Kelly has to prove he is better than Jones, Mays, and whoever else they have in camp.

Here is another chance for tice to show some balls and show his team that he is in control. Why dosn't he cut the damn guy? Instead he lets him sit and think until monday and expects him to come back. OK, let him come back and then cut him. He has to start taking control of this team, and things like last weekend problems won't happen. Kelly sucks and he is trying to act like a star player, so get rid of him. It is time for tice to stop letting these players push him around. He also needs to cut farmer, who was responsible for last weekends arrests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast