Thread: Keep Cassel ?

Scoot is offline Training Camp

Keep Cassel ?

Should the Vikings keep Cassel as the number 1 QB?

First of all I like how he has played over the last few weeks and a little better each week. Nice arm, quick decisions in the pocket. On the flip side the opposing team doesn't have a lot of film on him to build their best game plan. But then again Cassel comes back and plays well the second half... So I'm wondering if we got our QB for the future. Maybe the next two weeks will answer the question.

scoot
    SCOOT28

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    Should the Vikings keep Cassel as the number 1 QB?

First of all I like how he has played over the last few weeks and a little better each week. Nice arm, quick decisions in the pocket. On the flip side the opposing team doesn't have a lot of film on him to build their best game plan. But then again Cassel comes back and plays well the second half... So I'm wondering if we got our QB for the future. Maybe the next two weeks will answer the question.

scoot
    If we draft a good future QB, we will need a vet to help until that person is ready. Cassel is as good as any other vet we have to choose from; better, actually, since he knows the offense, the team seems to play for him, and we are in no danger of him creating a QB controversy.

P.S. Cassel SHOULD have been our #1 QB after the Steelers game...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    keep him as a backup and draft a QB round 1. Johnny Football all the way

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Keep Cassel ?

Yea keep Cassel draft a QB Johnny wouldn't be bad if he still available if not draft defense in first round then draft a QB in tha second round we need sum playmakers in that secondary

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Its all up to Cassel, he has a 1yr option he can choose to take up or opt out of.

I'd like to keep him fwiw