Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I don't believe that to be true, just look at the fourth round or later of his recent drafts.

2007- 4th round -Brian Robison
    2008 - 5th round - Letroy Guion
    6th Round - John Sullivan
    2009 - 5th Round - Jasper Brinkley
    2010 - 4th Round -Everson Griffin
    2011 - 4th Round -Christian Ballard-Quit but a great talent no one would have predicted quitting.
    2012- 4th round - Jarius Wright, Rhett Ellison & Greg Childs
    6th round - Blair Walsh
    7th Round - Audie Cole, Trevor Guyton
    Five out of those 12 are pretty good.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Five out of those 12 are pretty good.
    Yeah, and considering that Brinkley is starting on another team , Ballard quit and Childs who I think is a great WR blew out both knee caps.
    Add to that I think they should use Ellison more than they do, he is very talented and versatile, I hope Turner gets more out of him.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    well looking at the draft chart value ..no way will we trade up to 2nd pick ...2nd pick value is 2,6oo....we have 8th valued at 1,400....plus rams dont want to drop that low ..really ...
    if we trade down say to 16 pick its 1,000 value we get two more pick in the third one high other low that would give us ten picks ...bet on shante,,, not going to happen thank god

It's actually 7 of them that are pretty Good.......Robison,Sullivan,Griffen,Wright,Walsh,C ole,And Ellison though they need to use him more and I think this year they will

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan620 View Post
    It's actually 7 of them that are pretty Good.......Robison,Sullivan,Griffen,Wright,Walsh,C ole,And Ellison though they need to use him more and I think this year they will
    Cole and Ellison ? Really ? They have a lot to prove before I would say they are more than back ups.
    In addition, Sullivan has calf problems that hamper his play frequently, and Griffen, for all of his flashes, was quite inconsistent last year and disappeared at times. Wright has potential but isn't there yet.
    So yes, I see five of them as good, but if Spielman is doing such a fine job, why do the Vikings lack depth, and have players like Robinson, Sanford, Sherels (at CB), Henderson at MLB, Guion at DT, and Mitchell at LB ?
    When you give away picks to move up in the draft, depth suffers.

Blog Entries
    those guys you mentioned are average not including robosin...MOST ARE back upS .....ur list started 6 YEARS AGO ...HIS AVERAGE LATE ROUND GOOD PICKS IS ABOUT ONE A YEAR ..HA HA WITH A 4,5,6.7, ROUNDS SOOO LETS SAY WE GOT 3 *STARTERS* OUT OF ATLEAST THE LAST* 24* PICKS...HOW DO YOU GRADE THAT ..

IM BEING UNFAIR LETS SAY A TEAM GET TWO STARTERS IN THE DRAFT EACH YEAR ANYMORE THAN THAT YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB BUT YOU HAVE TO DRAFT PLAYERS THAT DEVELOPE TWO THREE YEARS DOWN THE ROAD HOW MANY???WELL I THINK THATS THE KEY .SPIELMAN JUST DRAFTS BODIES AFTER THE 3RD ROUND IT SEEMS TO ME

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Khalil Mack NFL Combine Profile - Bull Run

"Most mock drafts I have seen have Mack going between 6-8 to the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Bucs, or the Atlanta Falcons. Some have suggested he may go in the top three depending on if this is a QB year or not. Truth be known if Mack slips lower than 8th in the draft I'll be amazed. Anyone after 8 could take him so it's hard to predict exactly what the draft will bring."

Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    Khalil Mack NFL Combine Profile - Bull Run

"Most mock drafts I have seen have Mack going between 6-8 to the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Bucs, or the Atlanta Falcons. Some have suggested he may go in the top three depending on if this is a QB year or not. Truth be known if Mack slips lower than 8th in the draft I'll be amazed. Anyone after 8 could take him so it's hard to predict exactly what the draft will bring."
    Unless they are reaching on a QB or mining for more picks, I don't see how the Vikings could pass on Mack if he is there at pick 8.

Blog Entries
    I see us taking a qb ..later in the draft and developing him ....he might have to start day one so what get the reps and learn ...lets build an o line that can protect him at least pick up a guard fa and draft ....watkins and patterson with rudolfat te ap in the backfield yeah bthat would be intersting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123