Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    at the 8th pick we might be looking at one of the four top players at their position olb mack- barr ... 1st ilb mosely 2nd rated wr mike evans ...you dont get to pick top talent like this every year only detriot does ha ha
    Having a lot of silver is really what makes a championship team. A few pieces of gold aren't enough. If there is no QB available at 8, I would have no problem with moving back to pick up another piece of silver. You should still be able to strike gold in the top 15 picks as well.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    i think we stay at 8...pick best available even if its a wr....best available is always ur best bet ...we have seen drafting for need is a big mistake ...last years draft ...well corardelle patterson is a great pick ...to soon to tell on sharrif floyd and xavier rhodes ...remeber they were all 1st rounders ...then we used 6 more picks from the fourth round down ...none of them are worth much ....so nine picks one starter two may start just because we have to start them not say they arent good but....
    so with that said do we really need a late 1st rounder an a extra 2nd or third ..to make a good draft ...ha ha i think not just do a better job drafting keep the 8th pick

Blog Entries
    Mack all time leader with 16 forced fumbles ...75 tackles for lost tied for most in history....he has been compared to clay mathews...just me but he sounds like a game changer thats why he will be gone after the 10 pick ....trade down you wont find a guy like him ....so you get two filling guys and loss a game changer ...

tnorland is offline Waterboy
    By listing those guys, you just made my point. If they are all on the board and we could still get one of them by trading back, you're telling me you wouldn't?

smegmavike is offline Coach
    I'm ok with staying with the 8th pick and taking the best player available, but championships are built on making wise choices in the second to seventh round and not wasting picks.
    The great talent evaluators find gold in the later rounds and in undrafted free agents. Not exactly a strong suit of Spielman's so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I'm ok with staying with the 8th pick and taking the best player available, but championships are built on making wise choices in the second to seventh round and not wasting picks.
    The great talent evaluators find gold in the later rounds and in undrafted free agents. Not exactly a strong suit of Spielman's so far.
    i agree finding gold in late rounds and developing young talent ...i feel confident in our coaching staff that we will develope our players ..cant remember last time i said that ....but like smegmavike said spieiman draft drops off the chart after 3 rd ....getting extra picks are good if you can find talent ...i know with the 8th pick we will get a quality player dropping back the bottom of the top is harder to find blue chip than in the top 10 ...
    hey if we do drop back find a couple of gems hell yeah i love it ...but a mack type player hey what do i know teams pass on players all the time randy moss, AP....

Blog Entries
    hey i believe put you can win with ...good football players you can't have a team with all pros at every position ....BUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE TO DRAFT A PLAYER WITH ALL PRO POTENTIAL YOU TAKE HIM OVER TWO GUYS THAT MIGHT GET THE JOB DONE ....CLOWENY IS THAT TYPE IM not SAYING MACK IS but he is CLOSE IM SAYING CLOSE....everybody else you have a question mark

I think if Mack is off the board they trade down and try to land Hageman or Dennard while picking up a 2nd and 4th rounder ... Also I love Khalil Mack he is by far the best LB in this Draft if he's there DO NOT pass on him. The Draft is fairly deep this year so we will still get talent deep into this Draft... SKOL
    Last edited by vikingsfan620; 02-16-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Xavier Rhodes was phenomenal in his time playing. Plus with the new defensive scheme coming in it will actually help him develop further, same with Floyd. Hodges, Baca, Mauti, Locke, they are all starter capable and Locke is a very good punter. They actually only had 8 picks, none in the 2nd or 3rd .. And it off those picks, 4 to 6 starters ( Baca and Mauti will have to win their positions,) Hodges I can see staying this year in Zimmers defense.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    i agree finding gold in late rounds and developing young talent ...i feel confident in our coaching staff that we will develope our players ..cant remember last time i said that ....but like smegmavike said spieiman draft drops off the chart after 3 rd ....getting extra picks are good if you can find talent ...i know with the 8th pick we will get a quality player dropping back the bottom of the top is harder to find blue chip than in the top 10 ...
    hey if we do drop back find a couple of gems hell yeah i love it ...but a mack type player hey what do i know teams pass on players all the time randy moss, AP....
    I don't believe that to be true, just look at the fourth round or later of his recent drafts.

2007- 4th round -Brian Robison
    2008 - 5th round - Letroy Guion
    6th Round - John Sullivan
    2009 - 5th Round - Jasper Brinkley
    2010 - 4th Round -Everson Griffin
    2011 - 4th Round -Christian Ballard-Quit but a great talent no one would have predicted quitting.
    2012- 4th round - Jarius Wright, Rhett Ellison & Greg Childs
    6th round - Blair Walsh
    7th Round - Audie Cole, Trevor Guyton

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast