Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Kearse is too injury prone

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    A Ogun 64 15
    Strahan 74 18

I don't think he is a Strahan.

Well, he has had played 3 out 5 full seasons, and one-14 game season. I don't necessarily think because of 2 injuries his ankles are made of glass. Robert Smith had plenty of injury problems himself.

He also has forced a total of 17 fumbles, knocked down 17 passes, and has an Interception.

John Abraham hasn't had a 14.5 sack season, and puts up about the same sack and Tackle totals as Kearse. Many people think he's pretty good.

Hugh Douglas's best season for sacks, he had 15. He has had a total of 4 season with 10 or more sacks.

KGB for the Packers doesn't have very impressive Tackle totals, and his sacks aren't that far ahead of Kearse.

Leonrand Little - has injury problems and only 1 season with 14.5 sacks. Highest tackle total was 41 tackles.

Trevor Pryce - only 2 season with 10+ sacks. Highest tackle total is 46.

In 8 season Simeon rice has 24 forced fumbles. Kearse, in 5 (1 where he only played what 4 games), has 17. While Rice's tackle totals are slightly better than Kearse's. He has better sack totals.

Strahan only has 3 seasons with 10+ sacks. The same number as Kearse, despite him playing over twice the number of seasons.

My point with this is getting 10+ sacks is a special accomplishment, and Kearse has done that in 3/5 seasons. Also, his tackle totals are pretty much in line with most of the elite DEs in the league.

Within Hugh Douglas's first 5 seasons, he had some injury problems. But his best seasons where ahead of him.

Bottom Line, Kearse is among the league elite at his position when healthy. And having that kind of force over there is worth paying big buck for, especially if you need it.

I gotta agree with vikeman on this one. Kearse, if he is on the field, is a huge force. The guy isn't gonna miss games every year, despite what some of you think. The guy has still put up pretty good #'s with his foot problems, so he should be even better when healthy. This injury is just like a pulled hamstring in camp, it happens to a lot of guys and is meaningless. Don't think this injury is a big deal. The guy will play most if not all games this year, and be a monster in philly's D scheme.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    Bottom Line, Kearse is among the league elite at his position when healthy. And having that kind of force over there is worth paying big buck for, especially if you need it.

I gotta agree with vikeman on this one. Kearse, if he is on the field, is a huge force. The guy isn't gonna miss games every year, despite what some of you think. The guy has still put up pretty good #'s with his foot problems, so he should be even better when healthy. This injury is just like a pulled hamstring in camp, it happens to a lot of guys and is meaningless. Don't think this injury is a big deal. The guy will play most if not all games this year, and be a monster in philly's D scheme.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that Kearse sucks, Just that he's not the monster aquizition. He was the "Freak" that rookie year and the vikes were ridiculed for passing on him. I don't think he's the "Force" he was his rookie year. Blame it on injuries or what ever but I wouldn't say he's a man you have to double team evey down. Is he one of the better DE is the league, sure. Is he as scary as is put out there. NO!
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

SJerseyVikesFan is offline Waterboy

Kearse is an overrated punk like the rest of the stinkin Eagles. I live in Eagles Country and I hate that team. They all think they have the Super Bowl locked up. The same thing every year with those jerk fans. Im going to that Monday Night game too. Trust me be careful because those fans are real jerks. They will be jerks even if they are winning. Skol Vikes!!!

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Yes im going to wear a jacket over my viking jersey so i dont get attacked but who gives a crap what their fans think.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

"SJerseyVikesFan" wrote:
    Kearse is an overrated punk like the rest of the stinkin Eagles. I live in Eagles Country and I hate that team. They all think they have the Super Bowl locked up. The same thing every year with those jerk fans. Im going to that Monday Night game too. Trust me be careful because those fans are real jerks. They will be jerks even if they are winning. Skol Vikes!!!
    sJersey, you got some anger issues

lol

Have fun at the game
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

gpete13 is offline Starter

Its not what they think you should worry about it should be what they will do to you. Im about 2 hours north of Philly and Im going to stay home. It will be a late game and I dont want to take the time off of work for it. I'll have a great view of the game either at my house or my neighbor's big screen.

Kearse injured? NO WAY!!! :roll:
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that Kearse sucks, Just that he's not the monster aquizition. He was the "Freak" that rookie year and the vikes were ridiculed for passing on him. I don't think he's the "Force" he was his rookie year. Blame it on injuries or what ever but I wouldn't say he's a man you have to double team evey down. Is he one of the better DE is the league, sure. Is he as scary as is put out there. NO!
    Well, don't fear him at your own risk. He is an excellent athlete and has the brains to go with it. I sure hope the Vikings have an extra guy helping out on him that Monday night.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

I cant belive you guys, wearing a philly jersey over your vikes jersey, thats discusting! I mean if i was at that game i might not wear my vikes jersey but i sure as h*ll wouldnt wear a philly jersey. I would rather get beat up then wear that peace of crap!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12