Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    brandsp's Avatar
    brandsp is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    124

    KC and Seattle, now MN??

    I hope our running game will reseamble KC's and Seattle's running game (from last year anyway).

    Similar in the really strong left side of the line, a monster fullback (which we stole from KC) and a great RB? Will Taylor or MM step up as they are the only question mark in this equation?

    I bring this up as I haven't seen much here about us acquiring Tony Richardson to lead the way for our RBs. Which lead me to think about us stealing Hutch; which in turn brought to mind Larry Johnson/Priest/Alexander awesome #s.

    Plus we needed a new topic on the board.

  2. #2
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    I think any RB in the league can run behind our left side of the line. I think we have one of if not the best left sides in the whole NFL. With Birk at center, and Hutch and McKinney next to him, we have a pretty awesome line now.

    The addition of Richardson, and Taylor will only improve our offensive running game. Richardson is one hell of a blocker, and Taylor has all the tools to be a great WCO type of RB. I am excited for next season to start.

  3. #3
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    I think the tools are in place, and their ability to produce is going to weigh heavily on how the coaching staff chooses to use them.

    If we are running a true WCO like many people suggest our running game will not meet your expectations.

    It all depends on how they use what we have.

  4. #4
    CynicalVike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    251

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    I agree with you on this. We should have a great running game because of them and the fact that Childress feels that running is what will make his WCO more effective.

    What I think will be interesting to see is what surprises he has planned for when the defenses over stack that side to stop the run.

    It will also be interesting to see how long this thread goes before someone brings up the draft!! :roll:
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

  5. #5
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think the tools are in place, and their ability to produce is going to weigh heavily on how the coaching staff chooses to use them.

    If we are running a true WCO like many people suggest our running game will not meet your expectations.

    It all depends on how they use what we have.

    True.. With a true WCO, it is designed for short passes for huge gains. Even if we don't run the ball alot, Taylor is still going to be catching balls, and Richardson will still be blocking for him. So if it is running, or catching, I think both of those guys are going to play a significant role for our team.

  6. #6
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    "CynicalVike" wrote:
    I agree with you on this. We should have a great running game because of them and the fact that Childress feels that running is what will make his WCO more effective.

    What I think will be interesting to see is what surprises he has planned for when the defenses over stack that side to stop the run.

    It will also be interesting to see how long this thread goes before someone brings up the draft!! :roll:
    I am skeptical that he will run a WCO. I think people are assuming a lot and that will play to our advantage. A good coach will coach to his strengths not force a team into his preconcieved scheme.

    I can only imagine how effectice a PA pass with the rb faking the run to the left. will be.

  7. #7
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    561

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    "brandsp" wrote:
    I hope our running game will reseamble KC's and Seattle's running game (from last year anyway).

    Similar in the really strong left side of the line, a monster fullback (which we stole from KC) and a great RB? Will Taylor or MM step up as they are the only question mark in this equation?

    I bring this up as I haven't seen much here about us acquiring Tony Richardson to lead the way for our RBs. Which lead me to think about us stealing Hutch; which in turn brought to mind Larry Johnson/Priest/Alexander awesome #s.

    Plus we needed a new topic on the board.
    I agrees wit' ya, y'know? How 'bout we talks about all youse mugs dat don't use english gooder dan you could be doin', y'know? Youse needs to be more like me, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

  8. #8
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think the tools are in place, and their ability to produce is going to weigh heavily on how the coaching staff chooses to use them.

    If we are running a true WCO like many people suggest our running game will not meet your expectations.

    It all depends on how they use what we have.

    They can't ignore an "O" strength if it works on a consistent basis. I agree with ya though, once established, the PA pass should work fantastic and open up the defense.

  9. #9
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    "Muggsy" wrote:
    "brandsp" wrote:
    I hope our running game will reseamble KC's and Seattle's running game (from last year anyway).

    Similar in the really strong left side of the line, a monster fullback (which we stole from KC) and a great RB? Will Taylor or MM step up as they are the only question mark in this equation?

    I bring this up as I haven't seen much here about us acquiring Tony Richardson to lead the way for our RBs. Which lead me to think about us stealing Hutch; which in turn brought to mind Larry Johnson/Priest/Alexander awesome #s.

    Plus we needed a new topic on the board.
    I agrees wit' ya, y'know? How 'bout we talks about all youse mugs dat don't use english gooder dan you could be doin', y'know? Youse needs to be more like me, y'know?

    :lol: You tell em Mugs...

  10. #10
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: KC and Seattle, now MN??

    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think the tools are in place, and their ability to produce is going to weigh heavily on how the coaching staff chooses to use them.

    If we are running a true WCO like many people suggest our running game will not meet your expectations.

    It all depends on how they use what we have.

    They can't ignore an "O" strength if it works on a consistent basis. I agree with ya though, once established, the PA pass should work fantastic and open up the defense.
    Yes you would like to think that as would I. I just endured 2 seasons of watching a coach ignore strengths in an attempt to implement his system.

    It happens. The judgement is out of Childress, I am optimistic at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Seattle Has No Class
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:03 AM
  2. Here is what the Seattle public are saying...
    By Mikecarter81 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 10:03 PM
  3. Seattle sports bar?
    By vikesls in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:57 AM
  4. Seattle VS. Vikes
    By bigdogbovy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 10:31 AM
  5. Seattle who?????????????
    By vikoles in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 10:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •