Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

K.WILLIAMS DEF POW

Kevin Williams is proving each week that he is the best pick that we have had in years. (since duante?) what do you think? the Vikes have had a lot of first round busts over the years thats for sure.

84>TO is offline Training Camp

Good Picks

He and Udeze definitely look like good picks. What the hell has happened to Hovan? He was a Pro Bowler, what, like 2 years ago? He used to be a Top 3 d-lineman in the league, now he can't even start on OUR defence? What happened?
    Terrell Owens: The most overrated player in professional sports. Randy Moss: The greatest player in professional sports.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Good Picks

"84>TO" wrote:
    He and Udeze definitely look like good picks. What the hell has happened to Hovan? He was a Pro Bowler, what, like 2 years ago? He used to be a Top 3 d-lineman in the league, now he can't even start on OUR defence? What happened?
    84>TO

that is a great name. so true, so true.

I was just thinking what TO's name would be on a fan site. it would probably be

TO>TO

impossible huh???

Williams is doing great. He is one of the best inside linemen in the league.
    So is Udeeze, if he gets a spin move under his belt for next year, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

K.WILLIAMS DEF POW

1 B. Berry DE, ARI 10.0
    2 J. Peppers DE, CAR 9.0
    3 P. Kerney DE, ATL 8.5
    James Hall DE, DET 8.5
    5 Greg Ellis DE, DAL 8.0
    Rod Coleman DT, ATL 8.0
    L. Johnstone DE, MIN 8.0
    8 Charles Grant DE, NOR 7.5
    K. Gbaja-Biamila DE, GNB 7.5
    Jevon Kearse DE, PHI 7.5
    11 K. Williams DT, MIN 7.0

Minnesota Vikings' DT Kevin Williams has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance vs. Jacksonville last weekend. The Player of the Week award is the first in Williams' 2-year career.

Williams posted a sack, 6 tackles, and scored his 1st career TD on a 77-yard return of a
    Byron Leftwich fumble late in the 4th quarter to seal the Vikings' 27-16 win over the Jaguars. The fumble recovery for a TD was the 3rd-longest in team history and the first by a Viking since Tyrone Carter's 46-yard TD return at Detroit (12/16/01).

Williams is second on the team with 7.0 sacks, behind only Lance Johnstone (8.0). He has recorded a sack in 7 of the Vikings' 11 games this season. [size=18px]Williams is second in the NFL among all DTs in sacks[/size], trailing only Atlanta's Rod Coleman (8.0).

Wiilliams is the first Vikings' player to win the NFC Defensive Player of the Week award this season. Johnstone, Corey Chavous, and Brian Williams all won the award during the 2003 season. Williams won the NFC Rookie of the Month award for December last season.

K.WILLIAMS DEF POW

SnowInApril-Love your signature, escapilly the one Kevin Williams is running for the touchdown
    0fc1de3e4ff7ffe42e40bba70cebd90c

Del Rio Guest

K.WILLIAMS DEF POW

I think Hovan has some mental issues right now. He never was a WOW player he had average numbers. I am dissapointed in him though I thought he would shine now that K Will is the dominate player but here is my thoughts on what may have happened.

Randle was gone Hovan was at the height of his popularity. He was doing a good job and on a bad D like ours a good job really shines. He developed a fan base. K-Will comes to town and is a rookie. Hovan begins to feel challanged for top-dog honors. After a disappointing season 2004 rolls around.

Tice pushes Hovan hard! I mean really hard. He needs to be the anchor on the line. There are so many young guys and Hovan is just a so/so player but he is experienced and talented non the less.

A combination of the pressure, his ego being hurt by the better players, and Tice calling him out clicked on the switch in his brain labeled Schitzo. Now he rides the pine.

Sad too because although he wouldn't be leading the league in sacks or anything if he would be able to overcome his issues and play like he has in the past he would be a good contributer to our team.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

K.WILLIAMS DEF POW

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think Hovan has some mental issues right now. He never was a WOW player he had average numbers. I am dissapointed in him though I thought he would shine now that K Will is the dominate player but here is my thoughts on what may have happened.

Randle was gone Hovan was at the height of his popularity. He was doing a good job and on a bad D like ours a good job really shines. He developed a fan base. K-Will comes to town and is a rookie. Hovan begins to feel challanged for top-dog honors. After a disappointing season 2004 rolls around.

Tice pushes Hovan hard! I mean really hard. He needs to be the anchor on the line. There are so many young guys and Hovan is just a so/so player but he is experienced and talented non the less.

A combination of the pressure, his ego being hurt by the better players, and Tice calling him out clicked on the switch in his brain labeled Schitzo. Now he rides the pine.

Sad too because although he wouldn't be leading the league in sacks or anything if he would be able to overcome his issues and play like he has in the past he would be a good contributer to our team.
    I still think that he is a victim of juice withdrawal syndrome...sad but probably true!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

K.WILLIAMS DEF POW

"MossWilliamsHenderson" wrote:
    SnowInApril-Love your signature, escapilly the one Kevin Williams is running for the touchdown
    Thank you, I finally had time to sit down and start it over Thanksgiving weekend. The hardest part was finding the photos.

Yeah, I was just going to have the offensive guys on the sig but then I saw that photo and thought it would be cool seeing K.Will running downtown or taking it to town.

Del Rio Guest

K.WILLIAMS DEF POW

I don't think he was juicing. He didn't get THAT big. I mean everyone gets bigger from the college days. If you lift weights for a living you are going to get big.

But maybe he was on the roids, who knows.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

K.WILLIAMS DEF POW

Personally I would rather see our defensive line be able to stop the run then put up sacks, but hey the linebackers are responsible too.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast