Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    K-dubb knows what he is talking about. Basically he is saying this defense doesn't work without a 0 technique next to him.

Probably what Leslie was hinting at in his presser when he basically blamed the DL for not being physical as one of the major reasons for the poor defensive showing and the loss.

Again, we have a glut of 3 techniques who show alot of promise, but without that "Guy"/"Warpig" this defense just isn't ever going to be "Right".
    I agree 100%. Of course I think it would be pointless to bring Phat Pat back but they definitely need to look for one in the draft. Josh Chapman, Kawann Short, Marcus Forston.... should be able to get a good 2 gap guy in the 3rd.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Since when has the T2 been ineffective without a 0 tech ? I disagree totally and feel it is better-especially against the pass- with the faster DT's than a slow hole plugger and the sack numbers so far back that up
    I agree. Adoyele has played worse than Pat did last year, but Pat was done last season.
    Time to start looking to the future and stop wishing for the past.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Not a time to point finger, this team has a lot of issues. A fat bastard in the middle is just one of them

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Since when has the T2 been ineffective without a 0 tech ? I disagree totally and feel it is better-especially against the pass- with the faster DT's than a slow hole plugger and the sack numbers so far back that up
    Are you calling Suh a slow man? How about Wilfork?

Look, I'm not looking for a fat guy just to plug the whole and break double teams like you see in a 3-4. I'm looking for a true 0 tech that can play the 4-3 defense.

At one time Phat Pat was the best. Before him I really like Jerry Ball and I wouldn't call any of them slow.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    I agree 100%. Of course I think it would be pointless to bring Phat Pat back but they definitely need to look for one in the draft. Josh Chapman, Kawann Short, Marcus Forston.... should be able to get a good 2 gap guy in the 3rd.
    Thanks for the names. I haven't even started to look at what is going to be out there this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    It would be great to have Big Pat back, that is if he was able to play at a high level which last year he proved that he could not.
    I actually thought Ole Phat Pat could be productive if he was brougth back in a limited role and used, mostly, towards the end of the game.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Are you calling Suh a slow man? How about Wilfork?

Look, I'm not looking for a fat guy just to plug the whole and break double teams like you see in a 3-4. I'm looking for a true 0 tech that can play the 4-3 defense.

At one time Phat Pat was the best. Before him I really like Jerry Ball and I wouldn't call any of them slow.
    Wilfork has a body style similar to Pat. Suh doesn't so why throw both of them in there?

Wilfork is the prototypical 3-4 NT that you just said you weren't looking for my friend.

All I am saying is I like the younger, not- as- fat- as -Pat guys we have now and yes, they are faster than Pat and more able to pressure the QB. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wilfork has a body style similar to Pat. Suh doesn't so why throw both of them in there?

Wilfork is the prototypical 3-4 NT that you just said you weren't looking for my friend.

All I am saying is I like the younger, not- as- fat- as -Pat guys we have now and yes, they are faster than Pat and more able to pressure the QB. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Are you gonna tell me that only fat guys can play the 0 tech? It has nothing to do with body style. It has everything to do with strength.

Trust me, Suh can (and does) line up and play the 0 tech in Lionsville.

On a side note......Have you looked at what defense the Pats are running this year? Have you seen Vince drop back in coverage? Have you seen Vince batting balls and getting INT's. Try again on that one my friend.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Are you gonna tell me that only fat guys can play the 0 tech? It has nothing to do with body style. It has everything to do with strength.

Trust me, Suh can (and does) line up and play the 0 tech in Lionsville.

On a side note......Have you looked at what defense the Pats are running this year? Have you seen Vince drop back in coverage? Have you seen Vince batting balls and getting INT's. Try again on that one my friend.
    Nope, I am actually sticking with the topic which is Pat Williams and simply stating that instead of bringing his tired old fat ass back on the team I am perfectly happy with the younger, not as fatter guys we have on the roster. I understand full well that not every 0 tech guy looks like Pat. In fact, we have guys on the roster right now that ARE playing the 0 tech and are not the same build as Pat and that gets right back to the point I was making.

And Yes, I watch the Pats play whenever I can and have seen Wilfork playing in a 4-3 and saw his fat ass int the ball and run with it. That still doesn't change my mind or negate the point I was making that I am just fine with DT's that are not as rotund as PW.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    K-dubb knows what he is talking about. Basically he is saying this defense doesn't work without a 0 technique next to him.

Probably what Leslie was hinting at in his presser when he basically blamed the DL for not being physical as one of the major reasons for the poor defensive showing and the loss.

Again, we have a glut of 3 techniques who show alot of promise, but without that "Guy"/"Warpig" this defense just isn't ever going to be "Right".
    No, he's not saying that at all. THat's what you WANT him to be saying.

he wants PW back, because he's played what, 6 years beside the guy?

It'd be like if you worked the cube over from some guy who did a damn good job, and was your good friend. You'd probably want him back too, but does that mean somebody else can't do his job? Absolutely not.

but without that "Guy"/"Warpig" this defense just isn't ever going to be "Right".
    Been proven wrong time and time again.

In fact, aside from the bears game, there' hasn't been any issues with our D. they were #5 vs. the run, and respectable vs. the pass. They were leading the league in sacks, What more do you want?

In fact, we were MORE productive until last week without a "warpig" than we were with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast