Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K.ROBINSON

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: K.ROBINSON

"mxximus" wrote:
    ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEA ON WHEN WE CAN EXPECT TO SEE K. ROBINSON ON THE FIELD? I MEAN, I GUESS IT COULD'NT HURT TO HAVE ANOUTHER SET OF HANDS OUT THERE. THEN AGAIN IT REALLY DOES'NT MATTER IF CULPEPPER CONTINUES THROWING TO THE OTHER TEAM.
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "mxximus" wrote:
    ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEA ON WHEN WE CAN EXPECT TO SEE K. ROBINSON ON THE FIELD? I MEAN, I GUESS IT COULD'NT HURT TO HAVE ANOUTHER SET OF HANDS OUT THERE. THEN AGAIN IT REALLY DOES'NT MATTER IF CULPEPPER CONTINUES THROWING TO THE OTHER TEAM.
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!
    haahahahah classic Itrey

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

On the record:

You will get what you ask for in K.Rob. Been frustrated with the first two games, look out when he gets in there stealing balls from t.taylor and others .... and dropping them.

You may say, "Getting used to the system" or "Just a little rusty" ... past experience shows, it's truely not the case.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

wouldn't hurt...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

did we really release him again??

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "mxximus" wrote:
    That caps lock key will get 'ya... :wink:

Anyways... Welcome! Here's to more posts without the caps lock key on. :lol: Ultra will bring your free beer shortly. I don't know what is up with K-Rob. I thought he was supposed to be playing this week but we didn't see him at all...
    i case your not sure if the key is on the upper or lower portion of the key board :lol:

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

They need to make up their minds....quit releasing and resigning players!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

He's signed:

According to ESPN.com, the Vikings released Robinson for the second time in three weeks Tuesday for paperwork purposes. He was immediately re-signed to a one-year contract worth the veteran's minimum of $540,000.

Vikings' offense may get boost

Another Robinson eager to contribute

BY DON SEEHOLZER

Pioneer Press

Jan. 4, 2005. That was the date of the last NFL game in which Koren Robinson caught a pass — a 6-yard toss from Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck in the third quarter of a 27-20 NFC playoff loss to the St. Louis Rams.

A lot has happened in the 8½ months since then for Robinson, who is scheduled to make his Vikings debut Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. But he said Metrodome fans, seeking a spark for a sputtering Vikings offense, won't have to worry about being hit by any flying rust chips.

"After I get out there, it will all come back to me," Robinson said. "I'm not really worried about the time off. I'm just worried about being on the field on Sunday. It's like riding a bike. Once you get on the field, you get right back in the groove."

Getting back on the field hasn't been easy for Robinson, who was released by the Seahawks in June and signed with the Vikings two weeks ago, before the regular-season opener.

In between, the former No. 1 draft choice was convicted of drunken driving July 18 in Washington and completed a 12-step, inpatient treatment program Aug. 28 at the University of South Carolina.

Last week, he was ordered to perform 50 hours of community service for violating a condition of his DUI conviction, but Robinson said that's all behind him and that he's looking forward to helping the Vikings turn things around after an 0-2 start.

"I just want to go out and contribute," he said. "Regardless if I can help the team get back on track or just contribute to the offensive side of the ball, that would be good enough for me."

Robinson's initial contributions could come as a kickoff and punt returner, and he said he's willing to do whatever the coaches ask.

With wide receiver Nate Burleson likely to miss Sunday's game because of a sprained knee ligament, Vikings players said the speedy Robinson could be a shot in the arm for their ailing offense.

"He's definitely a player, and he's definitely going to help us," quarterback Daunte Culpepper said. "I'm excited for him to be able to get on the field and play some football. He's definitely a player who can help out."

Wide receiver Marcus Robinson said the team's newest Robinson can't help but improve a Vikings offense that has produced just one touchdown — a 5-yard Culpepper scramble in Sunday's 37-8 loss at Cincinnati — in two games.

"He's the same guy that had 1,200 yards in one season (2002)," Marcus Robinson said. "He definitely can bring some positive things to this team and add to our playmaking."

Travis Taylor agreed, adding that he and the other receivers didn't feel threatened when the Vikings signed Koren Robinson, who had to go through the formality of being released and re-signed Tuesday so his original two-year contract could be recorded as a one-year deal.

"He's going to make this team better," Taylor said. "You can't have too many playmakers. I think his record speaks for itself. If Nate's out, he definitely has to play this week. That's the reason we brought him in."

As of Monday afternoon, Koren Robinson still hadn't been told that he definitely would play Sunday, and he emphasized that he won't be coming in as an offensive savior.

"I haven't even played yet, so I'm not going to say anything right now," he said. "I just want to go out and give my all and help the offense get back on track."

Since signing with the Vikings, the former Seahawk said he has been working hard to learn the team's offense and has a good grasp of the checks and overall system, which isn't that different from the West Coast offense he played in with Seattle.

"The concept is pretty much the same," he said. "It's just different terminology. It's not going to be too big a difference. In the heat of the moment, the heat of the battle, you've got to know what to do, but I feel like I'm comfortable with the offense."

Koren Robinson hasn't had much of an opportunity to work with Culpepper on the practice field but said he doesn't see it as a problem and neither is his conditioning.

It has been a long time between games for the ninth overall selection of the 2001 NFL draft, but he said he could have played last week and definitely will be ready to go Sunday.

"I feel like the last couple of weeks basically have been pointing to this weekend," he said. "I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I feel like I can get in there and help out."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

wow...and again.....

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i hope he gets some passes his way this game, and troy as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast