Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CyVikeFan is offline Training Camp

The K-Rob Effect

An intriguing question for those on this board that agree that we have a major problem on the team in the WR core.

Knowing that he was slated to be our #1 WR this year, do you think the WR fiasco, not to mention the entire season, would have been any different if we would have kept Koren Robinson around to continue to play?
    I know this totally goes against Chill's philosophy of discipline to the team, but I'm sure one can't help but wonder if K-Rob's presence would have made some kind of difference on our disappointing season.

Your thoughts...

Mystophales is offline Rookie

Re: The K-Rob Effect

I think instead of 6-10 we would have been 8-8 if that. You have to remember you still have that offensive mastermind Childress calling all the plays.

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

yeah 8-8 if that with koren..he wasnt a great threat at WR but he was a pro bowl kick returner and that was another poor area for us..dont think he wouldve made that much of a difference.
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It is really dificult to say what impact he could have had, because he never really played much WR for us. The first year he were here, he mainly played the returnman until a very few games at the end of the season.

But it is a posibility that there could have been a diference. Or it could just have been the same.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

He might not have made a huge difference for us, but would have made a much greater difference than T-will. If we would have had him we wouldnt have been pressured in keeping T-will in the game at all.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

No, it wouldn't have made any big difference. Even if we kept him, he was still suspended by the NFL for a year & wouldn't have been playing anyway.

He only played a few games for GB before the suspension kicked in, 4 I believe, & during those 4 games we were 2-2.

So at the best case scenario, we wcould have finished 8-8. I don't know if that was good enough to make a wildcard spot , the wildcard Giants finished 8-8, but irregardless, he would still not be playing.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

The thing is that K-Rob style of play was perfect for what we needed at WR.. and Johnson was very comfortable.. But you could also say would we have been 6-10 if M-Rob wasnt injured or inactive in many games..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Whether we kept him or not wouldn't have made one bit of difference because as Singer pointed out, he was suspended by the League.

But, if we really want to play the what if game... What if KRob hadn't relapsed?

There is no guarantee that we would have ended up with a better record with KRob at the number 1 receiver, but I have a feeling that our offense would have been more productive.
    KRob could have stretched the field giving Chester more room to run, and taking the pressure to perform off from TWill.
    I think both TWill and Chester would have had better years with KRob in the line up.

I am looking forward to the offseason.
    If we can get a legitimate number 1 WR, and maybe even a decent number 2, our offense won't be so anemic next season.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikingsfan717 is offline Rookie

K-Rob was our best WR we had on the team. He actually was a double threat because he could also return kicks and punts. I was one to belive that he actually cleaned up his act and that he would end his career in Minnesota. I guess he proved us all wrong.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We all believed it 717.
    We all did...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast