Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: K Rob Arrested?

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: K Rob Arrested?

IF this is all true, Childress and Wilf ought to sit down with Koren and tell him that he is being removed from active squad and that the team will (hopefully) be willing to put him in rehab for the next 6 months, with the team re-evaluating the situation and Koren's hopeful out-patient rehab plans next offseason. Some things (actually a lot of things) are more important than football...
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    Perhaps this may be partly because of the firing of Mr. Tice?
    I am not denouncing Mr. Wilf for canning the former Vikings head coach, but, as I recall, Mr. Robinson was not too happy when he heard the news.
    Losing his favorite coach didn't stop him from accepting a huge pay raise.
    If this is true... then there is nobody to blame but himself....I know alcoholism is a tough one to kick but.. other people have done it and they aren't risking millions of dollars to drink....get a grip K-Rob!

He's had way too many chances...some people just don't change.

so sad!

Del Rio Guest

"Odin" wrote:
    IF this is all true, Childress and Wilf ought to sit down with Koren and tell him that he is being removed from active squad and that the team will (hopefully) be willing to put him in rehab for the next 6 months, with the team re-evaluating the situation and Koren's hopeful out-patient rehab plans next offseason. Some things (actually a lot of things) are more important than football...
    BLASPHEMY!

J/K ~ He needs to put himself in rehab if this is true.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    He better hope for his sake that it wasn't alcohol, and it was something else.. If it comes back that he was drunk sriving, then his football career is basically over. He would get a year long suspension, and no team would ever take a chance on him again.. If this turns out to be true, then alot of pople will lose respect for that guy..
    Correct me if I'm wrong on this but isn't substance abuse substance abuse....would it matter if it was a different drug?...I think the NFL can suspend him for a year no matter his drug of choice.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jdvike" wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong on this but isn't substance abuse substance abuse....would it matter if it was a different drug?...I think the NFL can suspend him for a year no matter his drug of choice.
    There are many people who abuse cold medicines, particularily NyQuil (sp.) which has a high alcohol content.

When I was in treatment, there were a few such people. Mostly because they were too young to buy alcohol.

The one that was old enough, never kicked his addiction & was found dead along side a Minnesota road in a ditch, a vagabond & a John Doe.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Well if this is true, then he needs to forget about football,and think about saving his own life.
    How far does he have to fall to finally figure this out?...CFL?...NFLE?....AFL?..convict?...RIP?

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jdvike" wrote:
    No, you're not wrong.
    Once a player is in the NFL's program, any substance will get a mark against you.
    You don't get 1 for booze and then 1 in a new column for pot or coke, etc.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

OK thanks Z I thought that was the way it went.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Well if this does turn out to be a drinking matter, it will certainly give some of the young guys a better chance to make the team, maybe a blessing in disguise...I would certainly like to see more of Jason Carter to be honest, from what I heard from camp he was ripping up our 1st Team D so, might be a star in the making.

Cold medicine?
    come on!
    Dont make excuses!
    If this is true....damn...For a lot of reasons too.
    He was the best reciever on the team, but with the WCO that everyone seems to drool over any average reciever should excell because of the simple 5 yard passes that are typical.
    The other thing that sucks about this is the amount of money the vikings gave him because he said he overcame this problem of his.
    Oh one more thing, i did see a lot of robinson 81 jerseys around the dome monday...lot of money waisted on jerseys too.
    I hope one day he can turn his life around, maybe losing his job and all that money will be a blessing for him to overcome this problem.
    You republican whore!

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast